Grade 1 or Grade 2
Casual opportunity at Peninsula Private Hospital!
About the Role
In this role you will provide high quality, social work services to both Inpatients and Day patients at Peninsula Private Hospital. This position has strong emphasis on complex discharge planning, engaging with patients and their support persons to achieve best possible client outcomes.
The social work team offers a supportive work environment and flexibility. This is a casual role with a potential being a permanent role.
The successful applicant will have experience working with adult and elderly clients, well developed assessment and clinical skills, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills.
Hospital based experience and a working knowledge of the Aged Care system will be highly regarded.
You will also demonstrate:
- Degree in Social Work – essential
- Be eligible for membership of AASW
- Proven ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent organisational skills
- Facilitating Education Groups
- Commitment to Professional Development
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Peninsula Private Hospital is an acute emergency, surgical, medical, cardiac and obstetric facility located in the bayside suburb of Langwarrin in Melbourne’s south east. The hospital currently accommodates a 14 bay emergency department, 160 medical and surgical, 36 cardiac, 11 ICU, 7 Neonatal, 14 Obstetric, and 33 Oncology beds which includes 10 day-infusion chairs. As a fully accredited health care facility we offer the highest standards of clinical care, patient service, and technology. Peninsula Private Hospital provides an onsite 24/7 emergency service.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Benefits of working with us include;
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Extensive Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Janette Gough on email [email protected]