The UWA Student Guild has provided services for UWA Students since 1913. Providing relevant, high quality support to UWA students, whilst remaining financially, environmentally and socially conscious, we are regarded as the benchmark for student guilds nationwide.
The Guild is currently seeking an experienced social worker to work as part of a team providing support to individual UWA students. The role being offered is on a part time (15 hours per week), fixed-term (initially for 12 months) basis.
The Student Assist Officer position reports to the Student Assist Manager with the primary responsibility of this role being to provide support and advocacy services to UWA students. Emphasis is placed on financial, academic and welfare support, a link between students and the university and external organisations, assisting in the resolution of disputes, and providing referral support where other services are appropriate.
Candidates are requested to address the following criteria:
- relevant qualification and experience in social work or counselling
- the ability to deal with a range of clients and maintain confidentiality
- skills in assessment and case work
- excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- sound analytical and problem solving skills
- a pro-active, team focused approach
- familiarity with the tertiary education sector (desirable)
Candidates must be able to work 7.5 hours a day, 2 days a week.
In addition to a positive and progressive working environment the successful candidate will enjoy an attractive package; including leave loading, with details at interview.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and CV to the Guild’s Associate Director.
Interviews are expected to commence the week beginning 25th July