STUDENT WELLBEING SUPPORT WORKER – Junior School
Are you an advocate for proactive pastoral care, student wellbeing and success? Do you have a unique blend of empathy, compassion, expertise and an unwavering commitment to making each student’s educational journey happy and fulfilling?
We are currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for this newly created part-time role (4 days per week 8:00 am to 3:00 pm – flexible) to commence in January 2024.
Nambour Christian College (NCC) is an outstanding co-educational, inter-denominational Prep to Year 12 Christian School located in the heartland of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. NCC educates approximately 1200 students through dedicated sub schools: Junior (P-6), Middle (7-9) and Senior (10-12). The mission of NCC is to provide a secure and supportive Christ-centred learning community, where a commitment to excellence, creativity and service is encouraged and modelled.
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate, and suitably qualified Student Wellbeing Support Worker to provide front-line pastoral care to our Junior School students. The suitable candidate will play a crucial role in creating a positive and nurturing environment for students to thrive spiritually, emotionally, physically and academically. The Student Wellbeing Support Worker will have the opportunity to also creatively develop break time programs that nurture relationships with and between students.
- A personal alignment with and commitment to the Mission and Vision of Nambour Christian College
- Wholeheartedly demonstrate NCC’s genuine Christian commitment and care for students
- Communicate effectively with students, families and colleagues
- Have the capacity to teach with a high degree of competency in the Junior School
- Have a minimum of Diploma level qualifications in community/youth services, education or similar discipline or minimum Certificate qualifications and/or extensive experience in a similar role
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate or ability to obtain
- Have a strong commitment to Christian education and seeing students reach their full potential
- Faith community that shares regular devotions and prayer
- Friendly, supportive work environment
- Salary as set out in the NCC Enterprise Agreement
- Free onsite staff parking
- Onsite Gym, offering membership discounts to employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Annual Flu Vaccinations
The College’s practices are based on Biblical Christian principles and values. We seek committed Christians who have a passion to teach, model, guide and direct the lives of our students.
Details on how to apply, along with the Position Description and Staff Code of Conduct can be found on our website: https://www.ncc.qld.edu.au/discover/employment/ .
Applications must include a Cover Letter, Resume, a completed NCC ‘Employment Application Form – Support Staff’ and signed Statement of Faith located on our Website.
Applications will only be considered on completion of the above and when submitted to [email protected]
Applications close 4:00 pm Friday 11 August 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.