- Full time (37.5 hours per week) role based in Leederville
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Focus your therapeutic skills to support the mental health of young people
Anglicare WA is a highly regarded not for profit organisation, delivering a diverse range of community services throughout Western Australia.
Anglicare WA is a partner in Foyer Oxford, the largest single site homelessness service for young people in Australia. Foyer Oxford provides young people who are experiencing homelessness, or are at risk of homelessness, with self-contained transitional housing for up to two years. Foyer Oxford offers stable accommodation and personalised case management support to assist young people to remain engaged in full time education, training and employment and to develop skills to transition into living independently in the community.
About the role
As a Therapeutic Specialist you will work very closely with Foyer Oxford Case Managers who support young people residing at Foyer Oxford and effectively engage your therapeutic skills to provide high quality, professional and comprehensive strengths-based support to improve the mental health and wellbeing of young people.
As part of your role you will be tasked with:
- Assisting young people and staff to navigate, refer and advocate for appropriate mental health services
- Triaging young people between Foyer and primary, secondary and/or tertiary mental health services
- Providing secondary consults for Case Managers and liaison point between Foyer and external mental health services
- Undertaking specialist needs assessment for young people requiring therapeutic intervention
- Overseeing of risk assessments, safety, care plans and incident response for young people experiencing escalated mental health concerns
- Managing clinical responsibility while young people are on waitlists for external mental health services
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week), max term contract until 30 June 2024. The successful candidate will be able to work flexible hours, between 8am to 8pm. There will be an opportunity to participate in the on-call team roster for evenings and weekends.
You are a passionate and talented individual who is driven to deliver a quality service for our clients.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Mental Health nurse, or equivalent, including registration with the relevant board or association
- Experience in delivery of mental health or wellbeing services in community settings
- Strong knowledge of mental health sector, referral pathways and engaging stakeholders
- Experience working with young people in a person-centred, trauma informed, strengths based, child safe, youth-friendly, inclusive and evidence-based manner
- Highly developed skills in the delivery of mental health interventions and counselling
- Strong knowledge and skills in effectively managing safety and risk issues
- Ability to work in a team and to work collaboratively with others coupled with effective communication skills
You must possess a current National Police Clearance valid within one year, a WA Working with Children Check, a current First Aid certificate, WA Drivers Licence and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (3 vaccine doses).
About our values
While your skills and experience tell part of your story, your values and attitude speak louder still. At Anglicare WA we are all about people, placing people at the heart of our work. We are focused on strengths, believing in and amplifying the strength of people and communities. We are fiercely inclusive, making sure everyone can belong. As trusted partners we are curious and creative, always looking for new ways to do better. We are courageous and gutsy, tackling difficult issues, even when it’s hard. Do these values resonate with you?
If the opportunity excites you to develop your career in an organisation whose values align with yours then we want to hear from you.
- $87,579 – $89,461 per annum + 10.5% superannuation
- In addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum and not pay tax on that amount
- Additional 3 days (pro-rata) leave per year.
- Access to purchase leave.
- Flexible, family friendly working conditions.
To be considered, applications must include a current detailed resume and covering letter addressing the ‘about you’ section above. To apply, please click on the apply button and follow the prompts.
For further information please contact Yanthe McIntyre-Gatsby, Service Manager, Youth Services on 0413 440 697.
We reserve the right to close applications once a suitable candidate has been identified. Please apply without delay!
Anglicare WA promotes and fosters a working environment that values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and people with disability. So that our People and Culture team can best support your recruitment process, if you have any workplace support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Unsolicited referrals from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.