Exciting opportunity for Traineeship Support Advisor to work for an organisation that is making a difference in the community.
- Leading organisation in ending family violence
- Additional leave and salary packaging
- 24-month fixed term full-time with flexibility
No to Violence is Australia’s largest peak body for organisations that work with men that use violence providing training, sector development and advocacy across the sector that works with men who use violence. We also operate the Men’s Referral Service, providing a counselling service and referral pathways directly to men who use violence. As a pro-feminist organisation, women and children are at the centre of what we do – by ending men’s use of family violence, families, individuals and communities are safer.
We have strong values of Change, Leadership, Gender Equity and Accountability.
About the role
The Traineeship Support Advisor will be developing a sustainable traineeship model that creates opportunities for people seeking to commence or upskill in the family violence and sexual assault sectors. This role will work collaboratively with Traineeship Advisors located with Safe and Equal and Sexual Assault Services Victoria (SASVIC) and Family Safety Victoria, to provide advice on the development and implementation of the Trainee Support Program.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Relevant formal qualifications or experience, such as qualifications in social sciences, population health and health determinants, social work, or related social science disciplines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation skills.
- Well-developed collaboration, networking, and capacity building skills, with the ability to facilitate problem solving in complex environments.
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with the intersections between family violence and sexual violence.
- An understanding of the gendered nature of family violence and the need for appropriate responses through working with men.
- Experience working in a membership organisation.
Further details relating to the key requirements and responsibilities of this role can be found in the position description on our website – https://ntv.org.au/about-us/work-with-us/
What We Offer
We provide a positive work culture and a diverse and inclusive environment. Our people matter to us, and we are committed to supporting them and their wellbeing. We also play an active role in the professional development of our staff.
Some other benefits we offer include:
- Salary Packaging – tax free salary benefits of up to $15,900 per year plus up to $2,650 per year for entertainment benefits
- Additional leave including bonus leave, career break and paid parental leave
- Purchased leave options available
- Generous paid study leave
- Portable Long Service Leave
- EAP for employees and family
- An office that is always stocked with snacks!
How to apply
To apply please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience aligned to the Key Role Responsibilities and Mandatory Requirements.
Applications will be reviewed as received until the position is filled.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to respond to additional key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
Any questions please contact [email protected]
NTV values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.