Women’s Advocate – Respecting Boundaries
- Part Time
- Located in CBD and Rockingham
- Contract offered for 12 months with possible extension.
Our 45-year history
This year Communicare celebrates 45 years of Creating Futures for Western Australia’s most vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
Since opening our doors in 1977, our passion for delivering high quality, people-focused support services has continued to flourish. In May 2020, we became the new custodian of White Ribbon Australia, establishing a national footprint for the organisation.
We remain committed to growing a workforce that celebrates diversity and seeks to inspire and empower the people we serve. Right now, we’re looking for people to help us light-up the candles on our 45th Birthday cake and come along for the next stage of our journey.
Do you want to be part of a contemporary and agile organisation, with a team of 300-plus employees and volunteers alongside you?
This is your chance to join an organisation with an exceptional team culture, driven by a commitment to diversity, respect and fairness.
While we’ve changed a lot over the past 45 years, our values – Hope, Opportunity, Perseverance and Equality – remain at the very heart of everything we do.
Are you ready to start Creating Futures every day?
The Women’s Advocate develops and delivers a range of services to maximise the safety and support of women and children who have ex/partners in Communicare’s Respecting Boundaries Behaviour Change Program.
This role builds respectful and effective relationships with women and program staff to build safety and connect women into appropriate services and supports. The Women’s advocate works to maximise the safety for women, children and other family members.
The position requires:
- 3-year tertiary qualification in the human services field, and or significant experience in the family and domestic violence.
- Experience in engaging with victims/survivors of Family and Domestic Violence
- Preferred experience working within Men’s Behaviour Change Programs.
- Ability to develop rapport, be non-judgemental and provide a high level of risk assessment, safety planning, individual and group work, case management to clients across the lifespan.
- Skills in liaising at all levels with other service providers.
- Skills in managing crisis and emotional distress
- Demonstrated high level time management and task management skills, and ability to work under limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Principles and legal basis of ‘duty of care’ and statutory reporting requirement
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Satisfactory Police clearance (not older than 6 months from the issue date)
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Working With Children Check
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to be part of an organisation helping to create strong, safe, and inclusive communities
- Generous NFP salary packaging opportunities (option to package up to $15,900 for general living expenses and an additional $2,650 for entertainment benefits per annum)
- Extra Leave – 5 days of extra paid leave per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Paid parental leave policy
- Family Domestic Violence and Abuse (FDVA) leave, financial assistance and structured support for any employees who have experienced FDVA incidents
- Discounted Health Insurance with HBF
- Discounts at over 350 popular retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services through our Employee Assistance Program
- A COVID-safe workplace
- Annual Flu Vaccination Program
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter that addresses our Selection Criteria. Applications close Tuesday 26th of July 2022.
Please note: Short listing will commence immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice. Only suitable candidates will be considered and contacted if short listed. Unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
As a Child Wise Accredited organisation, Communicare is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Find out more here: Child Safeguarding Commitment – YouTube
White Ribbon Workplaces are centres of respect and proactivity in relation to the safety of women in the workplace and the community.
Communicare encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+ and people living with disabilities.