- $43,688 + super + not for profit salary packaging
- Permanent Part Time Contract 22.8hs per week
- Chigwell House – Berriedale TAS 7011
- Rewarding work – every day you know you are making a real difference
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Based in Berriedale, Hobart, Chigwell House is a community hub that takes a holistic approach to strengthen communities by providing services, information, and events for vulnerable people. Services include People Staying Connected, Integrated Family Support Service, Youth Beat, and Targeted Youth Support Services.
This is a rewarding career opportunity where you will be responsible for assessing, responding, and supporting the varying needs of vulnerable young people requiring service provision. This is achieved using a client focused community outreach and case management delivered within a holistic and trauma informed framework.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide community outreach activities to engage with and support young people aged 8 to 17 who may be risk of disengagement from education and family.
- Support targeted young people who present with emerging support needs.
- Work to reduce individual and family risk factors and/or reduced impact of risk factors coupled with increased protective factors.
- Utilise a strengths-based solutions focused model working toward improving overall health and wellbeing and building their self-identified goals.
- Build honest and trusting relationships and supporting the young person’s capacity while maintaining boundaries of care practices.
- Provide advocacy, case management, emotional regulation/anger management and trauma related response interventions. At risk behaviour interventions, harm reduction including alcohol and other drugs, sexual health etc. including external referral and other support from specialists where appropriate for the young person.
With a significant experience in the child, youth & family, social work, health, human services, or other social science disciplines, you will be confident in your case management and community engagement capacity. Other requirements include:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications and experience in Youth work or related field
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain community networks
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work according to the principles of client-centred practice
- Capacity to relate to young people from different ages and cultural backgrounds
- Drive engagement from the young person and their family
- High level of communication skills with young people, peers, government departments and the community
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Experience in supporting at risk young people to achieve positive outcomes in terms of the Tasmanian Youth at Risk framework and the Tasmanian Child and Youth Wellbeing Strategy
- Must have Full driver licence with no restrictions
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications, and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered, and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous employee discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
- Volunteering opportunities
- Extra leave available including an additional public holiday and the opportunity to purchase further annual leave.
How To Apply
Review the Position Description here: Youth Beat Worker PD.pdf
To be considered for this opportunity, click ‘apply’ and send your application today!
As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
Applications for this role are shortlisted as received.
Be quick to apply for this exciting and diverse role.