Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
Are you passionate about supporting your community?
The role you could play
We are seeking a dedicated 24/7 Specialist Family Violence Practitioner! You will provide outreach case management support to women and women with children who have experienced and/or are currently experiencing family violence. Additionally, you will deliver high quality and effective family violence/ child well-being responses to those seeking support and recovery. Our Family Violence Services work with service users from a feminist perspective, aiming to empower and increase the safety of women and children.
- Ongoing assessment is made of the victim survivor’s issues, needs and circumstances from initial intake to exit
- Work collaboratively with referring organisations to provide crisis support for adult and child victim survivors
- Case management and crisis support is provided to clients in accordance with TSA case management models and standards of practice
- Case plans implemented and actively led by the victim survivor
- Immediate material aid of the adult and child victim survivors in crisis accommodation are supported
This is a permanent part-time position, 15 hours per week, based in Coburg North, VIC. Salary and conditions are in accordance with SCHADS Level 5 Award.
The ideal candidate will have
- Essential Tertiary qualification in Social Work
- Experience working in the family violence sector is desirable
- Experience in specialist family violence and/or child wellbeing work highly desirable
- Demonstrated Case Management experience and skills
- Highly developed time management and work prioritisation skills with an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Advanced computer skills including experience in data and record management
Benefits working with The Salvation Army
- We offer our eligible employees NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefit ($2,650)
- Health, fitness, financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits;
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service;
- Opportunity for career development;
- Paid parental leave – 12 weeks
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to ‘volunteer’ in a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured. Do not delay in submitting your application today!
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.