Status: Full Time Fixed Term until 31 December 2023 (with possible extension)
Salary: $75,872.00 – $82,783.00 p.a. + 11% superannuation contribution
The filling of this position is specified. Applicants must provide contact details or a written reference from an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who is willing to support their application.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbents to be male to ensure that cultural protocols and customs are being met.
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is a community controlled Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health service, which provides culturally appropriate, family centred, primary health care services to the communities and people of Cape York.
About the Opportunity
The Continuity of Services Support Worker (Male) provides continued support services and planned activities to previous clients of the Personal Helpers and Mentors (PHaMs) Commonwealth funded program in Aurukun, who did not meet NDIS access requirements. This work is to be undertaken as part of a multidisciplinary team delivering comprehensive Primary Health Care services aligned with the Apunipima Way and Model of Care, to maximise health outcomes for the people of Cape York.
It is a condition of employment for this position that the employee be vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with organisational policy requirements.
Pre-employment screening for vaccination against Vaccine Preventable Diseases will be conducted for the successful applicant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant qualification such as a Certificate in Mental Health or Community Services, or equivalent relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity building supports within a case management framework
- Demonstrated experience with community stakeholder engagement, particularly with medical and /or mental health services
- Proven experience working in remote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities
- Demonstrated experience working with clients diagnosed with significant mental illness and associated psychosocial challenges
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals and families/carers on an individual and group basis
- Understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, particularly in Cape York
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in accordance with community protocols and customs
- Current Blue Card positive notice or exemption, or willing and able to obtain prior to commencement
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence
Apunipima is a great place to work, with opportunities to grow and develop and an environment of respect. As Continuity of Support – Support Worker (Male), you will enjoy an attractive remuneration package, 5 weeks annual leave, annual leave loading, generous salary packaging opportunities, travel allowance, staff parking and more.
How to Apply
Don’t miss the opportunity to join Apunipima. If you’re interested in this role, visit our website to view the Position Description and submit your application Work For Us (apunipima.org.au), including your resume, referee details and answers to the screening questions. Applications close Sunday, 17 September 2023.
Vacancy Reference Number: 7141
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is an equal opportunity employer