Location: Community Based – Coen
Status: Full Time Fixed Term (until 30 June 2024)
Salary: $113,766 – $118,917 p.a. + super 11 % superannuation contribution
Under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 Qld, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is a community controlled Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health service, which provides culturally appropriate, family centred, primary health care services to the communities and people of Cape York.
About the Opportunity
The Team Leader is responsible for the leadership, development, and coordination of local social and emotional wellbeing programs ensuring services are consistent with the Apunipima Way and Model of Care.
It is a condition of employment for this position that the employee be vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with organisational policy requirements.
Pre-employment screening for vaccination against Vaccine Preventable Diseases will be conducted for the successful applicant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate IV in Community Services, Mental Health or equivalent in a relevant discipline and,
- Willingness to work towards a Diploma in the same disciplines within an agreed and specified timeframe
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a social and community services worker
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams, preferably within a social and community services environment
- Experience delivering direct wellbeing services to individual and families utilising a case management approach
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coordinate and deliver holistic, culturally appropriate and integrated wellbeing services and programs
- Understanding of the historical and contemporary issues that impact on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities, particularly in Cape York
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people in accordance with community protocols and customs
- Current Blue Card positive notice or exemption, or willing and able to obtain prior to commencement
Apunipima is a great place to work, with opportunities to grow and develop and an environment of respect. As Team Leader – SEWB Centre, you will be provided with an attractive remuneration package, 5 weeks annual leave, annual leave loading, remote allowance, generous salary packaging opportunities and more!
How to Apply
Don’t miss the opportunity to join Apunipima. If you’re interested in this role, visit our website to view the Position Description and submit an application Work For Us (apunipima.org.au), including your resume, referee details and answers to the screening questions. Applications close on Sunday, 01 October 2023.
Vacancy Reference Number: 7143
Apunipima Cape York Health Council is an equal opportunity employer.