Warilla & Dapto Community Health Centres | $71,240 – $138,631 per annum + super + salary packaging | Permanent Full Time | REQ431560 | Further incentives offered
Together, we can do more.
Are you an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander social worker or clinical psychologist / psychologist with experience supporting people who have been impacted by violence? Do you have counselling skills and are someone who likes to take innovative approaches to complex situations? Are you passionate about supporting people throughout their healing journey?
Then you could be the perfect person to join the ISLHD Domestic Family Violence and Sexual Assault Service (DFVSAS) located on the lands of the Dharawal and Yuin nations. We’re looking for an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander social worker/psychologist who:
· Has a degree in social work or clinical psychology / psychology and full AHPRA registration
· Has a minimum of three years’ experience working with adults and young people with complex trauma
· Has knowledge and understanding of the impacts of trauma on the brain and body
· Understands the impact of colonisation, patriarchy and other social political systems that have impacted Indigenous Australian experience of violence and abuse
· Has the ability to provide clinical and cultural supervision, professional development and education
This is a wonderful opportunity for a social worker or clinical psychologist / psychologist to join the busy and dynamic DFVSAS team. This position is part of a team of counsellors, providing assessments, crisis and ongoing counselling to adults who have experienced domestic violence, and children and adults who have experienced sexual assault.
Enjoy a healthy work-life balance with Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
From Helensburgh in the north, to North Durras in the south, ISLHD covers an area of 5,687 square kms. That’s 5,687 square kms of beautiful beaches, coastal cycling tracks, lush rainforests, incredible bushwalks and friendly people. The region is also host to many annual food, wine and arts festivals and events.
ISLHD operate eight hospital sites, employ over 8,500 staff and provide community health services across 58 locations. Commute times are short, childcare and schooling options are plentiful, and Sydney is close by.
The role is based at Warilla Community Health Centre and Dapto Community Health Centre. A current, unrestricted NSW driver’s licence with the ability to travel to multiple locations is required.
Looking for more than just a salary?
- Besides your salary, you’ll also have access to:
- Salary packaging – less tax and more take-home pay
- Novated leasing – lease a car and pay for all running costs out of your pre-taxed salary (eligible full-time employees)
- Allocated Days Off (ADO) – once a month take a paid day off (eligible full-time employees)
- Fitness Passport – discounted gym membership that both you and your family can enjoy (eligible employees)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – free confidential and professional assistance for staff and their families
- Access to Clinical Supervision to facilitate in-depth reflection on clinical practice in a supportive environment
- Access to cultural mentoring and support
- Training and education opportunities
- Career progression, professional development and secondment opportunities
- Ongoing support from an experienced team
Apply now by addressing the below selection criteria and submitting an up-to-date resume and cover letter (no more than 1-2 pages).
- Describe your therapeutic counselling skills for working with adults and young people who have experienced trauma (sexual assault/domestic violence). Please provide examples.
- How does the effect of colonisation impact Indigenous Australian’s today, and what considerations are needed for the therapeutic alliance and healing in counselling? Please provide examples.
Need more information or help applying?