- Part-time position (22.5 hours per week)
- Located in Kununurra
- Maximum term contract until 30 June 2024
- Values driven organisation
- Family-friendly environment
As with most regional or remote operations, working in these environments can come with a range of great experiences and challenges beyond what you might experience elsewhere. You will develop and nurture relationships with local communities while embracing the unexpected, as every day will be different.
In return for your commitment to our vision, Anglicare WA provides the opportunity to make a real impact, with the autonomy to be creative and innovative, and really explore your passion.
Anglicare WA is a highly regarded not for profit organisation, delivering a diverse range of community services throughout Western Australia. With over 700 staff and 200 volunteers, we are passionate about having a real and sustainable impact in the Western Australian community and to do this we need talented and engaged people who share our drive to achieve positive outcomes.
About the role
The Kimberley Family Relationship Centre (KFRC) supports families to strengthen relationships with a focus on children’s needs, in a culturally appropriate manner.
As an Aboriginal Family Support Worker, you will work alongside the Kimberley Family Relationships Centre Practitioner, providing professional, timely and culturally appropriate information and services to Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal families in Kununurra. You will support initial triage, intake assessment and information sessions for families seeking to engage with or obtain support from the FRC as well as referring clients to other services as needed, with a focus on warm referrals. Maintaining effective networks and partnerships with relevant stakeholders will be important as well as conducting home visits and outreach to families and communities in the Kimberley region when required. Assisting in building the capacity of families and communities is key as well as the development of culturally appropriate information about the Kimberley Family Relationship Centre.
This is a part-time maximum term position (22.5 hours per week) until 30 June 2024 based in Kununurra.
Pursuant of Section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, Aboriginality is considered a genuine qualification for this position and applicants must be of Aboriginal descent.
You will have or be prepared to develop:
- An understanding of the processes of Property Mediation, Family Dispute Resolution, counselling and Child Focused Practice and all other Anglicare WA services to ensure adequate referral
- Knowledge of local Aboriginal culture, including family relationships and kinship systems
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the separation process, family dynamics and the needs of children
- Knowledge of the effects of trauma and domestic violence on families, children and young people
- Able to identify risk, conduct appropriate risk assessments and support clients with safety planning as required
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Effective interagency relationships that lead to collaboration
- Ability to provide clear and accurate documentation
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
The successful candidate must possess a current National Police Clearance valid within one year, a WA Working with Children Check and a WA Drivers Licence.
Impact and benefits
Sharing your knowledge, skills and experience, you will make an impact to the lives of families and communities across the state.
In return for your drive and commitment, we provide the support of an inclusive and welcoming community which places people at the heart of all the work we do and encourages broad thinking, curiosity, creativity and best practice.
- $89,059 per annum pro rata (includes 10% remote allowance) + 11% superannuation
- Rent subsidy $250 per week and electricity allowance $1000 per annum
- In addition to your remuneration, you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum and not pay tax on that amount.
- Additional 8 days leave (pro rata)
To be considered, applications must include a current detailed resume and covering letter. To apply, please click on the apply button and follow the prompts.
For further information please Emma Venables, Service Manager East Kimberley on 0417 087 052.
This appointment is available for an immediate start. Applications will be closed once a suitable applicant has been identified – please apply without delay!
Child Safe: Anglicare WA is committed to providing safe environments where children and young people feel valued, respected and are protected from abuse and harm.
Inclusive: We actively promote a working environment that values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQ+ and people with a disability. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
Voice to Parliament: Anglicare WA is commited to walking alongside First Nations people and support the establishement of a Voice to Parliament, enshrined in the Constitition.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.