There’s never been a better time to join Hunter New England Local Health District! This vacancy is eligible for a NSW Health Rural Health Incentive package of $10,000 per year in addition to award entitlements. Apply now and enquire about an incentive package that will benefit you and your family!
Remuneration: $63,561 – $83,799 + Super + Salary Packaging + Rural Incentives
Location: Moree Community Health Service
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Aboriginal Hlth Practitioner
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ419899
Applications Close: Tuesday, 8th August 2023
This position is identified for applicants of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander descent. Are you of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent?
About the Role
- This is an Aboriginal Maternal and Infant Health Service (AMIHS) role, providing an integrated, culturally appropriate, accessible community-based maternal and infant health service to the NSW communities of Moree, Mungindi and Collarenebri.
- In collaboration with the rest of the Community Health team, you will work to improve the health of Aboriginal women during pregnancy and Aboriginal maternal and perinatal health outcomes.
- You will provide integrated and accessible care in a range of settings, including home visits, for Aboriginal women and babies up to 8 weeks of age.
- The role will see you consulting with the Aboriginal community and collaborating with mainstream Moree-based maternity service providers, child and family health services, medical services, and other agencies providing services to women, children and families in a community setting.
- We are looking for someone who is proactive, with excellent communication skills, able to consult and engage with the Aboriginal community and work collaboratively.
- The successful candidate will be supported by existing staff, the AMIHS network, online learnings and supported for education opportunities as required.
Where you’ll be working
- Moree provides care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, and/or women whose baby will be Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
- The AMIHS service aims to provide culturally appropriate support and education during pregnancy, after birth and for the first 8 weeks post birth.
- The service is located at Moree Community Health and works closely with Moree Hospital Maternity Service, local Medical Services and visiting specialists.
- The AMIHS service also provides outreach clinics to Mungindi and Collarenebri.
- $10,000 per year in Rural Incentives
- Four weeks annual leave (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Up to 12 allocated days off each year (for full-time employees)
- Superannuation contributions 11%
- Salary packaging – Up to $9k for living expenses + $2.6k meal & entertainment + Novated leasing.
- Fitness Passport
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- This position is identified for applicants of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Hold a Certificate IV in Aboriginal Primary Health Care (Practice) and a current authority to practice as an Aboriginal Health Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Eligible to drive in NSW and the ability to travel as required.
- An eligibility list will be created for future permanent full or part time and temporary full or part time vacancies.
- This position is full time; however, part time/job share arrangements may also be considered.
- To be eligible for permanent employment in this position you must be an Australian Citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport. Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable local candidate is identified for the position; in this instance, you may only be offered employment in line with the conditions and expiry date of your visa.
- We are unable to accommodate visa sponsorship for applicants requiring a visa for this position.