- Permanent Full time|38 hours per week
- Salary: $83K + super + salary packaging
- Location: Kings Cross, NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Provide early intervention support to young people between the age of 12 -18 years who are at risk of homelessness or experiencing homelessness. This role will work along with the families and school groups to provide case management support around specific areas of individual goals.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Undertake case work and/or counselling in a group setting or one on one basis
- Respond to referrals from government/non government services, schools and families
- Develop and conduct range of case management and counselling meetings and provide material assistance to families when required
- Conduct initial risk assessment and continue ongoing assessment of the needs of the family to determine the continuing need for counselling
- Collate and prepare a range of stats and other program information and actively participate in clinical supervision and service intake and staff meetings
- Coordinate and support the exit of the client and/or families from the program
Requirements for Success
- Degree in Counselling/Psychology/Social Work preferrable
- Experience working with young people and families and understanding of homelessness and other issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and independently
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating groups and counselling
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder management with high level communication skill
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Adolescent Caseworker Family Counsellor – PD (1) (2).pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.