Northcott’s Clinical Services includes Therapy, Behaviour Support, Dietetics, Sexuality and Relationships and Orthotics and Footwear. The Behaviour Support team delivers Person Centered Behaviour support to customers, services and staff at Northcott.
Work from your preferred Northcott location including Parramatta, Seven Hills, Hornsby, Campbelltown, Penrith, Albury & Wollongong.
As an Advanced Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will:
- Provide supervision and support to Core and Proficient Behaviour Support Practitioners
• Provide Person Centred Behaviour Support to a complex caseload.
• Deliver Person Centred Behaviour support training as required.
• Network and build relationships with the local community as appropriate.
• Work within a capacity building model with various other consumers, stakeholders and customers.
• Be involved in project work as identified.
• Demonstrate and embody Northcott values; ‘innovative, respectful and brave’.
• Minimum ten years’ experience working with a diverse range of people with a disability including those with complex needs.
• Minimum five years’ experience working in a role that included behaviour support responsibilities.
• Minimum five years experience mentoring staff to implement Behaviour Support Plans.
• Experience working with customers, staff and families utilising a Positive Behaviour Support approach.
• Experience working within a Person Centred approach.
• A passion for a capacity building approach and customer rights.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse caseload in an efficient and effective manner.
• Confidence using new technologies.
• Eligibility to work as an NDIS Commission approved Advanced Practitioner.
• Tertiary Qualification in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Nursing, Social or Health Sciences and/or Completed or currently completing Positive Approach to Behaviour Support Core Standard including appraisal process (FACS); or CHCDIS006 – and experience in the disability and/or community sector.
• Current driver’s license
Why work for Northcott?
• We have friendly and supportive teams across Sydney and the wider therapy teams across NSW ACT VIC & QLD.
• We have a family friendly hybrid model workplace with flexible hours for staff to manage your home and work lives effectively.
• 5 weeks paid annual leave and additional paid parental leave (pro rata).
• Multiple employee benefits, such as discounted gym & health fund membership, discounted motor vehicle services and entertainment cards.
• Novated Lease Arrangement for vehicle if desired.
• Salary Packaging is available to help boost your take home pay (pay less tax!).
Contact us if you would like a 1 on 1 consultation to share how Sal Pack could benefit you at Northcott or click here for a quick calculator
Northcott are a values-based organisation that strives to foster a workplace culture based on our core values. We are:
Innovative because we develop new ideas and solutions with creativity in anticipation of changing needs;
Respectful because we believe that everyone’s voice is unique and that they have the right to be heard;
Brave because we have the courage to stand up for people with all abilities even in the face of adversity.
Covid Vaccination Status
The health and safety of our people, customers, and communities is our number one priority. To maintain this, we require all of our employees to show evidence that they have received the two full primary doses and at least one booster dose of a TGA approved Covid-19 vaccination. Evidence of your current vaccination status or medical exemption will be required. Northcott will consider exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Northcott actively promotes diversity and inclusion in the recruitment process and throughout employment. We are committed to providing a workplace where every person is valued, respected and supported to progress. Northcott welcomes applications from and ensures no one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, culture, LGBTIQ+ identity, disability, gender, age, religion or caring responsibilities. If you require an adjustment to participate in the recruitment process, if you have a preferred contact method or require any information provided in an alternative format, please contact Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at [email protected] .