- Salary $84K + super + not for profit salary packaging
- Full Time | Permanent
- Location: New Town TAS 7008
- Rewarding work – every day you know you are making a real difference
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
The Strong Families, Safe Kids Advice and Referral Line (SFSK) is a contact point for people seeking advice and assistance if they have concerns about children, young people, and their family. The service provides information, advice, and referral for services across Tasmania as well as providing timely responses for children at risk, where the family may be referred to the Child Safety Service for further assessment.
Co-located at St Johns Park, New Town, you will provide phone-based support for a diverse range of professionals and community members, who are seeking support and wishing to raise concerns for children and young people.
For more information on this incredible program and how every day it makes a difference in our community please click on the link and watch the short video Advice & Referral Line: A Glimpse into the service – YouTube
Your Key Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls during allocated phone shifts and triage community queries ranging from simple queries to full complex scenarios that require escalation.
- Provide information, advice and support to professionals and community members to build their capacity to work with families who are experiencing difficulties which are impacting the safety and wellbeing of children.
- Work with highly sensitive and potentially confronting information and scenarios regarding children safety and wellbeing.
- Complete initial intakes for individuals and families contacting the service and record information accurately.
- Access professional advice from co-located and external partners where the complexities of concerns about a child and/or their family require specialist expertise.
- Manage an individual case load that can require further information gathering and assessment regarding a family’s current situation.
Requirements for Success
With a significant background in the Child, Youth & Family sector, you will be confident in your case management and assessment processes. Other requirements include:
- A Degree or Diploma in Social Welfare/Social Science/Youth Work
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of working with vulnerable people and the issues impacting them such as AOD, FDV, Homelessness and Mental Health issues.
- Experience working with a matrix management system – multiple lines of managers internally and externally.
- Comfortable working across multiple CRMs and quick to learn new systems
- Maintain self-care and build resilience for dealing with trauma.
- Keen ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- A positive and person-centred approach.
- A sound understanding of Mission Australia’s Values and application of these when interacting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Current knowledge of relevant policy and legislation.
- Highly developed communication skills both verbal and written.
- Full driver licence with no restrictions
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people and child-safe certificate.
Culture & Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
If you need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application.
For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Advice and Referral Worker – PD – TAS.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Applications will be shortlisted as they are received. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you.