- Permanent role based in Mirrabooka 4 days per week
- Work with an experienced community team
When you join MercyCare, you join something bigger. A community of staff that make a difference at the heart of the community. As a leading Western Australian not-for-profit provider of aged care, family, community, early learning and disability services we support people throughout life’s journey. We invest in our people by building rewarding careers, offering training and development opportunities and a values-driven culture where our people can belong and thrive.
About the role
Are you passionate about advocating for women and children to identify goals, supporting access to resources and information?
This role works within the Naala Djookan Health Centre to build capacity, coordination and collaboration between agencies to improve ease of access to support, resources and information for those at risk or experiencing domestic violence. The centre is the first of its kind in WA and is a collaborative partnership of 10 service providers, led by the City of Stirling.
With experience in case management and understand trauma information approaches to family and domestic violence you’ll bring a responsive and flexible approach to working as part of a multidisciplinary team. With a passion for supporting women and children your key experience will include:
- Tertiary qualification in human services (social work, psychology) or relevant field
- Extensive case management experience using a trauma informed approach
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in culturally diverse environments and form positive working relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of family and domestic violence issues effecting both women and children including those from CaLD backgrounds
- Skills in facilitation, leadership and advocacy
- Knowledge of Government and community agencies and resources that assist families impacted by family and domestic violence or homelessness
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Clearance (issued within the last six months)
About the benefits
Joining an incredible team focused on empowering people in our communities you’ll have strong leadership and support for your own growth and development. You’ll also have access to:
- Not for profit Salary Packaging options including meal and entertainment benefits
- Childcare discounts for your own little ones
- Options to purchase additional leave supporting work/life balance
- Clinical supervision to support your performance and growth
- Career Pathways, Professional Development and Training
- Comprehensive Wellbeing Program including discounted health insurance, free flu vaccinations and skin checks
Click “Apply Now” to visit our website and apply. Applications close on 13 October 2023 but apply soon as we will progress recruitment earlier if the right match is found.
At MercyCare, every person matters.
With our 175-year legacy extending back to the Catholic Sisters of Mercy, today we stand proud to make a positive difference in our local communities. We live by our values – respect, integrity, compassion, justice, excellence, and courage.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and the vulnerable. We invite applications from people from all walks of life, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from diverse ages, cultures, faiths, abilities, gender and sexuality.