Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated Alcohol and Other Drugs Assessment Practitioner! You will provide an entry point to Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) services for people with AOD issues who reside in the Loddon Mallee region, through assessing client need, identifying treatment options and creating holistic treatment pathways. Additionally you will provide bridging and brief intervention support to clients who are awaiting assessment and treatment commencement. This role requires you to act as liaison and provide support with a range of interventions including case management.
- Completion of the AOD comprehensive assessment with clients
- Participates, prepares for, and engages in case review meetings to discuss treatment pathways for all newly assessed clients
- Liaises with allied health and other health care professionals to obtain the necessary medical and other healthcare records
- Ongoing liaison occurs with catchment-based intake services via electronic system
- Evidence based interventions are delivered in line with client centred treatment that aligns with AOD training and qualifications
- Clients assisted to build networks and post treatment support plans
- Assistance with the service delivery of the Therapeutic Day rehab is provided as requested by the Team
This is a max-term full-time position, based in Sunraysia Corps in Mildura, VIC. Salary and conditions are in accordance with SCHADS Level 5.
Ideal candidate will have
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Minimum qualification Diploma Community Services
- Relevant experience in a Social Service environment
- AOD Skillset or obtain within the first 12 months of commencing employment
- Completed Forensic Fundamentals or obtain within first 6 months of employment
- Family Violence foundational, information sharing scheme and intermediate risk assessment training within the first 12 months. Refreshers as required or directed
- Current Victoria Drivers Licence
- We offer eligible employees to NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefits
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Discounted health and fitness programs through Fitness Passport
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Generous Parental Leave offering of 12 weeks
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to support a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate, and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
How to Apply
If you’re excited by this unique opportunity, the above sounds like you, and you have a heart for working for an organisation that truly does transform lives, we would love to speak to you. We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values. If you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to apply via the link and submit a current CV and a cover letter which details your alignment with the essential requirements of the role.
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.