The Alcohol and Other Drug Specialist is responsible for the design and implementation of a holistic, trauma-informed and specialist service to treat alcohol and other drug issues that co-occur with mental health (MH) issues.
- Psychologist or Social Worker or Registered Nursing or Occupational Therapist
- Join a multi-disciplinary team in community mental health; 2 days /week
- Attractive salary + Generous salary packaging benefits (pay less tax)
The role will augment two existing MH services by creating an integrated model of care that ensures clients with co-occurring alcohol and other drug issues receive coordinated treatment in parallel to mental healthcare. The role will work closely with the Addiction Psychiatrist to ensure best practice interventions and lead members of the MH team to implement the new model of care.
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (such as Psychology, Social Work, Registered Nursing or Occupational Therapy).
• Full membership with a respective professional body (such as AHPRA); or eligibility for membership with AASW.
• Recognition as a Drug and Alcohol specialist therapist within your professional peer group and via organisational membership e.g. DANA.
• Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
• A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience in delivering drug and alcohol counselling, preferably in both group and individual settings.
• Demonstrated expertise in facilitating therapeutic groups and conducting evidence-based individual counselling.
• Proven experience in a consultancy or advisory capacity, providing expert guidance in drug and alcohol treatment.
• In-depth knowledge of addiction treatment approaches, best practices, and regulatory standards, including experience with implementing a range of interventions aimed at harm reduction through to long term abstinence-based recovery.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a diverse cultural background are encouraged to apply.
- Salary packaging entitlements (pay less tax), company rewards
- Ongoing training & development, including cultural awareness training
- Career progression &development opportunities in a large organization