Alcohol and Other Drugs Positions available in Walgett NSW!
We are a community focused innovative AMS providing a wide range of services to all people of the community who are experiencing the adverse effects of alcohol, other illicit substances and tobacco, and non-acute mental health condition. We are looking for both Counselling and Health Worker candidates to be based in Walgett. These are autonomous positions that may require travel to other local areas.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Conducting assessments of clients’ conditions
- Providing counselling to clients on a one to one basis or in group sessions;
- Referring clients to other services as appropriate;
- Working collaboratively with clients to identify their needs, set goals and develop client care plans
- Delivering education & awareness groups relating to substance misuse risk factors, relapse prevention, responsible use, and their management
- Working with schools and other agencies to improve the wellbeing of the younger community.
- A minimum of a certificate IV qualification in Counselling, AOD or equivalent, or life experience in the field
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in providing support for individuals with substance misuse and other complex issues
- Demonstrated commitment to working with people with alcohol and other drug problems
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of issues affecting Indigenous Australians and ability to communicate and negotiate sensitively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Demonstrated interpersonal, liaison and negotiation skills, including the ability to provide accurate, consistent, timely and appropriate service to clients
- High level of computer literacy
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong culturally appropriate communication.
It is a mandatory requirement for this position to have a current Working with Children Check, National Criminal Police Check, current NSW Driver’s Licence.
To support your application you will need to provide:
- A cover letter identifying how your skills will fit the criteria
- A response to the selection criteria as detailed as bullet pointed above
- Your resume.
If you feel you have what is required for this role we would love to hear from you.
We offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Highly attractive above award salary
- Full non-profit status with salary sacrifice available to reduce tax and increase your take home pay
- An opportunity to really make a difference to our community
- Supported study and professional development
- Subsidised living costs (accommodation, utilities and mobile phone).