- Part-time position until June 2024
- Based at our Box Hill site with flexible working conditions available
- $47 – $50.5 per hour + super + generous Salary Packaging benefits of up to $18,550
About the role
We are seeking an experienced AOD Counsellor to join our Substance Use Recovery (SURe) team.
The successful candidate will form part of a dynamic and progressive team that assists clients to meet their individual goals through harm minimisation or abstinence-based therapies, using a range of therapeutic interventions.
As AOD Counsellor, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a welcoming, hopeful, empathetic, family inclusive, trauma-informed, culturally appropriate, and co-occurring capable AOD counselling service to clients across the Inner-East region of Melbourne.
- Providing high quality engagement, assessment, treatment, and support to individuals accessing the program.
- Providing full range of recovery-oriented therapeutic programs that are strength-based and trauma informed utilising different modalities.
- Contributing to planning, implementing, delivering, and evaluating the program.
- Coordinating care with other health and social services.
Who we are looking for
Your expertise and experience in identifying the multi-dimensional issues associated with substance use, including co-occurring mental health, social, and primary health issues, and your ability to provide integrated and collaborative care, are critical to your success in this role.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum qualification / Certificate IV/Diploma in AOD, Social Work, Counselling etc. or being prepared to obtain.
- Demonstrated experience working with AOD clients both voluntary and mandated.
- Demonstrated experience in providing therapeutic counselling to people with a co-existing drug and alcohol, mental health conditions and Family Violence.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Harm Reduction principles and strategies, with understanding of relevance to clients with co-occurring conditions.
What we offer:
EACH is committed to developing our people. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best.
- Flexible working conditions tailored to you
- Engaging, inclusive supportive team environment
- Professional clinical support and supervision
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax-free income per year
- Up to $2,650 additional tax-free money to spend towards meals entertainment
- Opportunities for career progression and ongoing professional development
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to purchase additional leave
Please have a read of the position description (found here on the EACH job page when you click apply) and when submitting your application include brief outline addressing your interest and suitability for this role in the ‘Message to Hiring Manager’ field.
Applications close Sunday 24th September 2023
** Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may commence prior to the close date so do not delay your application.**