We are seeking expressions of Interest for a Mental Health Social Worker or eligible for applying, registered psychologist, Counsellor or Occupational Therapist.
This is a child and adolescent position where you will have the opportunity to work with children and adolescents and their families. You will see child and teen clients under Medicare, privately funded and NDIS. We are looking for someone with experience working with a range of presentations including trauma, self-harming, emotional regulation difficulties, OCD, anxiety and depression. The successful candidate must embrace neurodiversity as many of our clients present with ADHD & ASD and work to fulfil NDIS participants goals
You will have creative background with a range of therapies including CBT, ACT, Trauma Focused framework, Creative Art Therapy, experience with play therapy highly desirable and a range psychodynamic approaches and ability to form warm therapeutic relationships with clients.
We are a fun, caring and dynamic group of individuals all with Expressive Therapies background i.e. Art Therapy/Dance/Sandplay Therapy. The person we are looking for must have a positive disposition and be a team player!
The successful candidate will value learning and be dedicated to reflective practice, regular supervision and ongoing training and learning. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills and value working within a supportive team.
Position requirements & Tasks:
- Part Time role – 3 days per week with opportunity for more.
- Full Registration with AHPRA/AASW (Professional registration body)
- Be eligible for a Medicare Provider Number – Highly Desirable
- A high level of ethical and professional conduct
- Takes ownership and responsibility of work and clients
- Billable hours – 5 billable hours per day which allows time for client prep, notes etc.
- See clients under Medicare with MHCP and NDIS
- Qualified Psychologists, Occupational Therapists must have current AHPRA registration.
- Social Workers eligible to be registered with AASW and be eligible to apply for Mental Health Accreditation.
- Passionate, dedicated, and professional clinicians with a strong background in mental health, and an emphasis on trauma and complex issues
- Hold or ability to obtain National Police Check Clearance & Working With Children Check