Positive Solutions has been providing support to individuals, couples, families, organisations and communities across Tasmania since 1991. We pride ourselves on being a Tasmanian not for profit organisation and supporting our local community through the provision of high quality, professional services.
Positive Solutions offers a range of services including:
- Family Dispute Resolution for both Parenting and Property
- Workplace, Community and Elder Mediation
- Counselling for individuals, couples and families
- GP Referred Mental Health Care Plans
- Employee Assistance Services
About the role
To meet with our increasing demand we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our counselling team to work across both our private counselling and EAP programs in the Northwest and North of Tasmania.
The EAP program includes short term therapeutic counselling and onsite support, on-call support and critical incident response for our customer organisations. Our counselling program is for longer term supports. Both programs are delivered by a combination of face-to-face, outreach and telehealth.
This role is permanent part-time. It will be well suited where you may need flexibility as part of your broader professional activities or in managing your work/life balance.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a flexible and professional clinician who is committed to maintaining professional practice and providing culturally sensitive services that aim to make a difference to your client’s wellbeing. You are motivated by establishing respectful, meaningful, inclusive and collaborative relationships with your clients and our team.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold relevant counselling, social work, psychology, social science qualifications.
- Hold current membership of a relevant professional body (e.g. AASW, APS, PACFA, ACA, AHPRA) or working towards
- Have experience with individuals, couples and families in both short term and long-term interventions.
- A high level of resilience to work in an environment that is exposed to a number of high-risk calls that could include clients demonstrating the following presentations of suicide, domestic/family violence, anxiety, depression.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively monitor and coordinate a workload which may consist of multiple tasks of varying priorities.
- An enthusiastic and positive nature that can work collaboratively in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Hold a National Police Clearance valid within one year.
- Hold a valid Working with Vulnerable Person Check.
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence.
- 3 years of relevant allied health experience.
- Experience in critical incident support.
- A friendly, supportive work environment, where work-life balance is prioritised
- Access to in-house supervision
- Support for professional development
- Salary packaging options (up to $15,900)
- Annual leave loading at 17.5%
Remuneration will be under the Health Professionals and Support Services Award with salary commensurate to experience and hours worked.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button and follow the prompts to submit your application. All applications must include an up-to-date resume and a one page covering letter.
Applications are reviewed upon receipt and Positive Solutions reserves the right to close recruitment for this position as needed.
Positive Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a child friendly and safe organisation and is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children and young people who access our services.
Closing date: 24th August 2023.