Are you a confident, courageous and compassionate mental health professional? Do you love working collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams? Are you driven by the desire to improve the lives of your fellow West Australians? Then we want to hear from you!
The Marian Centre is a 69 bed psychiatric hospital in Wembley WA. We provide both inpatient and day patient groups to a wide variety of adult patients. We have a focus on mood disorders and a special interest in the mental health and well-being of military, veterans and first responders.
Opportunities have become available for allied health therapists including:
Team Lead – Senior OT/Psychologist/Mental Health Nurse – Full Time
Art Therapist/OT – To run our Art Room therapy sessions – Full time
Therapy Staff – Provisional Psychologists, Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Mental Health Nurses – Full time, part time or casual basis.
- Deliver group therapy programs as allocated by the Therapy Manager.
- Provide a variety of therapeutic based approaches within a group therapy setting.
- Work with psychiatrists, nurses and other allied health team members to provide the highest patient care and outcomes.
- Develop and be an integral part of patient discharge and care planning.
- Current AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a mental health setting
- Understanding and commitment to the role of an Allied Health clinician within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Sound computer literacy
- Current working with children check and police clearance
- As we are a hospital you must have received your Covid and Flu vaccinations
- A passion for military and first responder mental health
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience working across a range of mental health issues and within group therapy settings.
- Demonstrated experience/training in a range of therapy modalities (CBT, DBT, ACT, Mindfulness)
- Demonstrated experience working with comorbid mental health issues
- Demonstrated experience working with addictions and related mental health issues
For further information or queries please contact the Therapy Manager Danielle Baldock on 9380 4999.
To apply lease send your CV and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria to [email protected]
Closing date: 26th September 2023 COB