Life at Centacare Employment and Training
When you join Centacare, you become part of a team who are determined to support disadvantaged people in our community and ensure they have the means to thrive.
About the Opportunity
Centacare Employment and Training is currently looking for a passionate teacher to join our Alternate Education Program in Armadale 2- 4 days a week.
The role requires a teacher who is passionate and;
- committed to high aspirations for their students’ learning;
- have a range of skills, strategies, methods and approaches to meet the needs of the individual students, including students who may be beginning/developing readers and writers;
- can be innovative in teaching methods and delivery;
- have the capacity to engender mutual respect;
- can promote social and emotional well-being and foster self-confidence; and
- can engage with other agencies and local industry.
About the Program
The Alternative Education Program (AEP) ‘Avenues’ is run in partnership with the Engagement and Transitions Team at the WA Department of Education. Avenues operates in Armadale, Fremantle and Mirrabooka. It is open to year 10, 11 and 12 school age youth who are at educational risk. The main aim of the program is re-engagement, skill development and transition into further education, training and/or employment. The curriculum and tools used to do this is the Certificates of General Education for Adults (CGEA); Keys4Life; CPR/First Aid and White Card. The underpinning philosophy of the program is the creation of a safe place where each student feels they belong.
At Centacare we believe that education and training can help to break the cycle of adversity and create opportunities for a brighter future. We are a not-for-profit organisation with a vision “to transform lives through education, training and employment”. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you are skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Centacare.
- Experience in working with youth at educational risk;
- Tertiary Degree in Education with experience in teaching literacy and numeracy;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) (applicants without may still be considered on condition of enrolment prior to starting employment);
- A WA Driver’s License;
- A current National Police Clearance; and
- A Working with Children Check.
- Completion of Keys 4 Life course;
- A current First Aid Certificate; and
- Experience in teaching/knowledge of the Certificate in General Education for adults (CGEA);
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference;
- Not-for-profit salary packaging – if eligible, increasing your take home pay;
- Free external, confidential counselling: and
- Discounts and benefits at thousands of retail outlets, department stores, attractions, travel, cinemas and restaurants through our salary packaging provider.
How to apply
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please apply with a resume along with a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria through SEEK. If you require further information, please contact [email protected].
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, we thank you in advance for your interest and taking the time to apply for this position.
Centacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages cultural diversity, gender equality and non-discrimination. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
For more information on Centacare please refer to our website: www.centacarewa.com.au, or visit our Facebook page.