Integrity | Compassion | Accountability | Respect | Engagement
About your opportunity:
AOD Clinician / Casual / HP3
As a clinician working in the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Service (ATODS), you will provide a broad range of base level assessments and interventions to individuals, their families, and groups in the context of minimising harm from substance use at all levels within the Townsville geographical area.
This role will regularly involve providing detailed assessment or case manager services and therapy to people affected by all types of substances and a diverse range of populations and cultures, including consumers who are opiate dependant (on the Queensland Opioid Dependence Treatment Program (ODTP).
Provision of outreach service may include other locations within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service at times.
About the department:
The Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Service sits within the Mental Health Service group in THHS. Its primary function is to provide a comprehensive range of services including specialised clinical treatment to individual clients, expert consultation on the management of alcohol, tobacco and other drug issues in other primary health care settings, development and delivery of health promotion, screening and early intervention strategies related to substance use in all sectors of the community, and workforce development opportunities to government and non-government agencies.
Casual rates of $45.77 to $67.28 per hour (HP3)
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification (Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work) and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Possession of class C drivers’ licence.
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the service.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.