Ongoing part-time, FTE negotiable
Working collaboratively with the women incarcerated at Tarrengower Women’s Prison, Health Services and Corrections Victoria Staff, the AOD Clinician will assist with the development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of high-quality evidence-based AOD care within the Custodial Health setting.
The role will engage with, assess and provide counselling and harm-minimization group interventions. The position has a focus on utilizing diverse evidence informed therapeutic frameworks to address AOD dependence, mental health issues and also focuses on addressing the underlying causes of offending, including trauma with the aim of reducing AOD related harms to individuals and their families.
- Qualification in AOD Counselling (min Cert IV) or other relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing AOD counselling and developing treatment plans/case plans
- Demonstrated understanding of the intersecting issues, discrimination, disadvantage and vulnerabilities which can contribute to people’s involvement with the criminal justice system
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity.
Please refer to the relevant attached position description for further details about the role.
Culture and Benefits
Castlemaine and Maldon are located on Dja Dja Wurrung country in the Mount Alexander Shire. The area is renowned for its creativity, history and as host to the Castlemaine State Festival. The shire is a short drive from Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo, a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Combined with a wide range of sporting clubs and outdoor recreation opportunities, unique natural environment and historic goldfields, the community offers a rich diverse culture for all to enjoy.
- Free on-site parking is available to all staff and visitors
- Salary Packaging/Salary Sacrificing
- Free onsite staff gym (Castlemaine campus)
- Fitness Passport is available to all staff members across Dhelkaya Health. You and your family can sign up to unlimited access to more than 120 gyms, pools and fitness facilities on your program!
- Our Health and Wellbeing program; including access to a Social Worker, Pastoral Care Office, Prevention of Bullying & Harassment Officers, Physiotherapy services, vaccination programs and other health services as required
- The Dhelkaya Health Social Club brings staff from all areas of the hospital together in friendly and casual environment, with a variety of events and activities held throughout the year
Please address the key selection criteria in your cover letter when applying.
Dhelkaya Health encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all ages, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ candidates, and people from multi-cultural backgrounds.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory police check, NDIS (if required) and compliance with Dhelkaya Health Vaccination Policy.
Applications close Sunday 17th September 2023