- Fixed-term – Parental Leave cover until June 2024
- Be part of our “Life.Changing.” purpose
- Suitably rewarded with an attractive Salary Packaging options
- Making a positive difference to the lives of the clients we care for
Welcome to Windana Drug and Alcohol Recovery, where our mission is to help people rebuild their lives.
For almost 40 years now, Windana has been a leading Victorian-based Drug & Alcohol Treatment organization. Our moto is “Life. Changing.” and for nearly 40 years now, we are doing just that; fullstop!
Our teams have been assisting people rebuild their lives in a safe, caring environment, wherever they are in their recovery journey, and we now have great opportunities to grow our teams, to grow our reach and to positively impact more lives. For this to occur, we need your support…
A bit about the role
Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of individuals striving for self-improvement and rehabilitation? We are seeking a dedicated and skilled AOD Clinician to join our dynamic team located in Nar Nar Goon South on a full-time fixed term basis.
The AOD Clinician is responsible for providing opportunities for residents to identify and address risk taking behavioural patterns and develop lifestyles of self-determined purpose. Reporting to a Senior AOD Clinician, the AOD Clinician provides case management to a caseload of residents that includes individual and group interventions, advocacy, and therapeutic interventions in supporting the resident to meet the goals of their individual treatment plans through appropriate referrals to other agencies. The AOD Clinician works collegially with all staff (team leaders, Support Workers and Peer Workers and Work Program Staff) to ensure that residents receive the full benefits of the program and that most residents can successfully complete the full program and graduate.
You may be the one we are looking for if you have:
- Proven experience conducting assessments, case management and development of effective client-centred treatment plans for clients with complex needs.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working within the alcohol and drug sector, mental health or other primary health care environment with an understanding of AOD service navigation with complex needs.
- Demonstrated experience in assessment of clients with complex needs utilising relevant AOD screening tools
- Strong time management skills with an ability to adapt and reprioritise as required based on program’s and residents’ needs.
- A degree or tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Mental Health or other similar health-discipline
- Certificate IV in AOD or 4 AOD core competencies (if obtained a diploma degree or higher), or willingness to complete studies during employment
If this sounds like you, click on the link below and apply now as we will commence shortlisting ASAP.
For a full list of the position responsibilities and the key selection criteria, please download the position description.
The Maryknoll Therapeutic Community is a residential rehabilitation program for residents to recover and heal from their AOD dependence by exploring their own life experiences and learning from the experience and insights of others. In education, therapy, and work groups which form the basis of the daily routine everyone has an opportunity to explore new ways of experiencing life. The program is all about change and growth in a supportive and non-judgmental environment. Located 75kms east of Melbourne, on a 40-acre property, residents live in self-contained houses in a campus style setting.
To learn more about our MTC program click on the link below:
What’s on offer
- Working onsite on a 40-acre property with beautiful, serene landscapes surrounded by forest, gardens, and animals
- Competitive salary, plus salary packaging to increase your take home income
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Join a fun, passionate, supportive, and inclusive team of people – who will support you at every turn!
- Enjoy onsite parking, and access to our Employee Assistant Program
- Ability to transfer your long service from another NFP organisation as part of the portable long service leave scheme
Why Windana do you ask?
We help our people grow as professionals but also as ‘people’. We believe one’s learning journey is ongoing and with a mindset on ‘optimisation’ and ‘continuous improvement’ we wish to reach our full potential at both an individual level but also as a team. We are constantly looking at improving our ways and we want like-minded people to help us do just that!
As a values-based organization, we would love if you are also aligned with our values:
- We are one connected community;
- We are driven by hope;
- We build collaboration through open and honest relationships;
- We pursue learning and growth;
- We are curious and courageous to drive change;
- We are committed to caring without judgement;
Everyone belongs @ Windana
Windana is an inclusive and diverse workplace. We respect and value our people irrespective of race, colour, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, national origin or family status. All applications are treated on merit and based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. Our practices in gender equality, flexible working, mental health & wellbeing and LGBTQIA+ encourage creativity and foster an innovative organisational spirit through openness and inclusiveness. It’s an environment where we welcome, celebrate and seek out diversity within our business, our customers and the wider community.
A valid Working with Children Check is mandatory for this position and a police check will be administered for preferred candidates. We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer.
When can you start you ask? We are ready when you are.
To apply for this job go to: https://windana.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6417653.
Applications close 05 September 2023