WHOS (WE HELP OURSELVES) – NAJARA, SUNSHINE COAST
AOD COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER – Part or Full time
WHOS offers a range of evidence based therapeutic AOD residential programs. Our services are based in NSW and QLD, further information can be accessed at – www.whos.com.au
The AOD Community Support Worker position, based at Najara on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, will provide services to people with alcohol and or problematic substance use, within a residential Therapeutic Community (TC) setting.
APPLICANTS PLEASE RESPOND TO THE SELECTION CRITERIA BELOW
- Qualification in AOD / Mental Health / Community Services or related field
- Experience working with men and women that have AOD substance dependence and associated issues
- Knowledge of AOD treatment sector
- Understanding of the Therapeutic Community model
- Experience in group work
- Knowledge and understanding of harm minimisation strategies
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current drivers’ licence
- Computer literacy, including the use of electronic client information systems
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Ability to work night, day and weekend shifts
- Remuneration is in accordance with the SCHADSI Award Level 4
- Salary packaging is available
Current Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate (WHOS adheres to the NSW Public Health Order 2021 for COVID-19 Vaccinations).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply you must have the right to work in Australia, be willing to provide a current National Police Clearance Check and respond the selection criteria noted above.
Please forward your application addressing the selection criteria and your resume to:
Attn. Andrea – [email protected]
Applications close: 18 September 2023