- Permanent Part Time| 19 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Salary: $42.50 to $44.73 per hr + super + salary packaging
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Location: Robertson NSW
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose
Triple Care Farm is a residential withdrawal and rehabilitation and treatment program to help young people aged 16-24 to manage their withdrawal and recovery from alcohol and other drug use.
The counselling and case management team provides assessment, treatment and intervention including individual and group counselling and support, and assessment and treatment planning. A 6-month period of aftercare helps young people to sustain change upon return to their community.
You will provide effective counselling interventions (individual and group) to facilitate recovery and rehabilitation from problematic drug and alcohol use. In addition, provide AOD Specialist information and support to other employees in their case management plans
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide individual counselling to young people participating in the program
- Facilitator of the Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Group Counselling
- Develop and implement drug education and psycho-education group work
- Respond to mental health emergencies as required
- Provide assessment, case management advice
- Lead ongoing counselling and support for young person thought to be at risk
- Assessing the need for referral of individual young persons to mental health professionals
Requirements for Success
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Allied Health relevant discipline and registration with relevant professional body
- Proven ability to relate to homeless and disadvantaged young people, including an understanding of the impact of drug and alcohol misuse
- Current NSW driver’s license class C
- Demonstrated computer literacy including the suite of Office programs
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and problem solving capabilities
- Evidence of full Covid 19 Vaccination
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career.
We’re committed to the safety and wellbeing of each other and the people we serve.
We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia.
We encourage applications from people with disability and Indigenous Australians.
If you have a disability and need support to submit your application, please email [email protected].
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
View the Position Description and click “Apply now”. We will respond to your application.
Applications close on Friday 22nd September. Please apply as soon as possible to be considered. Thank you