- Collaboratively manage the regional allocation queue by maintaining daily oversight, reviewing intake assessments, and liaising with clients, clinicians, and administrative staff.
- Conduct intake assessments, including Family and Domestic Violence screening, to determine suitability for couples and family counselling.
- Conduct counselling intake assessments for internal referrals.
- Maintain a small clinical workload of clients as agreed upon with the Assistant Director.
- Apply cooperative and safe working practices in alignment with APS Values.
- Participate in community development and service promotion activities as required.
- Contribute to program evaluation and research activities, including project management aligned with strategic directions and quality improvement recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualifications as an AHPRA registered Psychologist or Psychologist with Provisional Registration / Mental Health Occupational Therapist / Mental Health Registered Nurse or
- Qualification as a Social Worker eligible for Mental Health accreditation with AASW or
- Qualification as a Counsellor with a minimum Level 4 Australian Counselling Association registration
- Knowledge of mental health assessment and support procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Commitment to upholding APS Values and the Department’s mission.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and experience related to this role.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- Supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Potential for non ongoing opportunities directly with the Department
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via [email protected] or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.
Note: You may be required to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status.