South Coast Private Hospital
Art Therapist – Part time 3 days/week
Located in the Wollongong CBD in close proximity to Wollongong train station, South Coast Private is a 90 bed, non-acute, Mental Health Facility offering a range of inpatient and day patient health services.
South Coast Private Hospital is owned and operated by Aurora Health Care, one of the largest and fastest growing privately owned networks of private hospitals in Australia and we pride ourselves on the provision of person-centered, recovery focused treatment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals dedicated to delivering high quality patient care and outcomes.
- Oversee the day to day running of the hospital’s Art Therapy room
- Facilitate structured Art Therapy groups for patients
- Engage with patients using art as therapy principles as well as providing specific art workshops utilising a range of creative techniques
- Work within a multidisciplinary team including psychologists, nurses and psychiatrists
- Provide supervision to students as required
- Participate in quality improvement activities as required
- Work within the contractual obligations of private health insurers
- Maintain accurate records
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications, Masters of Art Therapy preferable
- Demonstrated experience in working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with patients with mental health issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on patient care
- Strong computer skills and experience in quality improvement
Applications close Friday 29th September 2023
Successful applicants will be required to undertake the following prior to commencement of employment:
Provide a current police check
Provide vaccination record
Complete the online Aurora Credentialing process
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume for consideration for this position.