The Geelong Clinic
Art Therapist – Casual Position
The Geelong Clinic has recently expanded to a 73 bed inpatient mental health facility. As part of our growth strategy applications are being sought for an Accredited Art Therapist to join The Geelong Clinics Allied Health Team. This exciting role offers the opportunity to deliver group based interventions as part of our focus on wellbeing using creative expression.
The successful applicant will work in a multidisciplinary team approach, providing group based therapy for patients who experience a range of mental health issues. The role involves delivering groups, to our eating disorder, addictive behaviours program and providing back up support for our to our general inpatient program and Art therapy day programs.
As an Art Therapist your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to overall assessment and discharge planning for patients
- Counselling of patients
- Participate in evaluation and projects of the services
- Provide supervision and skill development for staff
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications and registration in Art Therapy as recognised in Victoria
- Demonstrated experience in working with different members of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience working with clients with mental health issues
- Experience working with Eating Disorders highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on patient care and customer service
- Strong computer skills and experience in quality improvement
Applications close: Friday 22nd September 2023
For further enquiries: Tony Wallace – General Manager 03 5240 0700
To Apply: Please click on the ‘Apply’ button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.