Do you have an understanding of the child safety system and are looking for a role where every day is interesting? Would you like to be able to support families to make positive changes in their lives and keep their children safe?
If you are a human services professional who wants to be part of a friendly, supportive team this could be the role for you. We are looking for an Assessment and Service Connect Worker to join our multi-disciplinary team to fill a full time permanent position.
YFS is a diverse organisation and a great place to work. This is a chance to see what we do and could lead to other employment possibilities.
You’ll work alongside colleagues from a range of different professional backgrounds and there are lots of opportunities to learn from each other.
About the job
Role location: Slacks Creek
Role type: Full time, permanent
Pay range: 94,160 – $96,182 a year based on experience, with salary sacrificing available.
In this role you will:
- Be part of an innovative and flexible team that supports families who come into contact with the child protection system to help them create safety for their children within their homes.
- Work side by side with Child Safety to assist families during the Child Safety investigation and assessment process.
- Develop rapport with families and make quick connections to services and supports that will help families keep their children safe.
- Be willing to work flexibly across office sites and outreach into homes.
- Contribute to a high-performance team culture.
Aside from meeting the key capabilities outlined in the related role description available from https://www.yfs.org.au/work-for-us/, you’ll be a great fit if:
- You are culturally aware and inclusive in your practice.
- You are a highly skilled, conscientious, and motivated worker.
- You have a strength-based approach in your framework of practice with a family and child focus.
- You are resilient and can be flexible.
- You are innovative and creative.
- You have a collaborative spirit.
- Have knowledge of adverse childhood experiences (ACES), child development and impacts of trauma.
- Have experience in completing accurate family and individual assessments.
- Have experience, knowledge, and skills in risk assessment.
- Have skills and knowledge in working with families who are experiencing domestic and family violence, drug and alcohol use, mental health, and disabilities.
- You have knowledge and experience in Child Safety or can quickly acquire knowledge of Child Safety legislation and practice.
Read Advice for Job Applicants and check out our Organisational Chart at https://www.yfs.org.au/application-process/
Send your resume and a one-page covering letter outlining what you will bring to the job to [email protected].
Contact Melanie Adams on 07 3826 1500 if you want to talk about the role.
Closing date: Monday 21st August 2023 at 12pm
NB: We are looking to fill this role as quickly as possible so we may contact candidates before the closing date. We recommend that you send your application in early.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as part of the LGBTIQA+ community, are encouraged to apply.
At YFS, we make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people living in the Logan and surrounding area. And we want our staff to thrive, too. So we offer great opportunities to develop your career.
We’re serious about your professional development. Half of our managers have been employed from within. And we empower each other to make decisions and try new ways of working.
We know that a happy workplace thrives. We recognise that staff have their own needs, so we encourage you to bring the entire you to work. Depending on your role, we support a number of flexible work arrangements.
Also, we offer great employment benefits including above-average pay rates, generous salary packaging (exempt from Fringe Benefits Tax), portable long service leave, counselling support, and free parking.
To find out more about working with us, head to https://www.yfs.org.au/work-for-us/.