Indie School provides students the opportunity to learn in a supportive environment using individualised learning and education plans, tailored to each student’s own education and life circumstances. Smaller class sizes allow students greater opportunity to identify their strengths and work to improve areas in which they lack confidence.
The greatest difference between Indie School and many other alternative education settings is that our foundations lie in Adult Education philosophies. Choice, independence, mutual respect and accountability all have a significant role to play. In return for higher levels of self-responsibility, the students can enjoy some greater freedoms.
Core Workplace Objectives
- Assit in the monitoring of and support the holistic wellbeing and welfare needs of the students.
- Ensure students receive the social and emotional support required to develop knowledge, understanding and skills that support learning, positive behaviour and constructive social relationships.
Workpalce Taskings and Key Responsibilities for Assistant Welfare Officers
- Assist in the enrolment process, including but not limited to, following up enrolment enquiries, undertaking the enrolment interview, completing the required enrolment paperwork, collecting relevant reports and documentation to accompany the enrolment paperwork.
- Ensure student files are compliant and complete with all relevant documentation.
- Work with, and under the guidance, of the Welfare Officer.
- Assist in the development and implementation of structured welfare programs for students.
- Performing administrative duties related to student enrolments.
- Act as a contact person for enrolment enquiries.
- Liaise with external services, parents, guardians, and stakeholders to ensure a smooth enrolment transition for potential students.
- When requested, participate in general activities and/or assist with classroom activities to support students (under the direction of the Welfare Officer, Teacher, or Trainer).
- Interact with students using approved youth development techniques.
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations of Indie Education, including but not limited to Child Safety aligned to State legislation.
- Attend company professional development and staff meetings regularly as required.
- Maintain procedural adherence and protocols in the data recording of student case notes.
- Other duties as required in support of students and enrolments.
For this position with our company, applicants must:
- Relevant State Working with Children’s Check
- Annual National Police Check
- Current and valid driver’s license
- A certificate qualification in Youth Work, Community Services, or other related discipline
Benefits of Indie:
- Attractive PBI Salary packaging is on offer through Maxxia
- Uniform provided
- Annual paid professional development and training with support and sufficient study time during work hours provided
- 15 days paid personal leave
- Paid parental leave provisions
- Company laptop and mobile phone provided
- Access to an Employee Assistant Program
- Locations all around Australia
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday – 8.30 am to 4.36 pm.
- Christmas Closure period (Dec/Jan,10 A/L days)
- Level 6 (AWCC Enterprise Agreement 2022-2025) $68,924 per annum.
- A company laptop and phone is provided with this position.
- Salary Packaging through Maxxia.
If you have any questions regarding the role please contact Amy Jaggard, Head of School Midland via emial ([email protected])
Applications close on 22 September 2023 however all application will be reviewed upon submission and interview may occur prior to the close date.