At ACAP we change lives. We equip our students with a deep understanding of human behaviour, the skills to make a positive difference and the resilience to enjoy long, healthy careers.
ACAP, The Australian College of Applied Professions, is Australia’s leading independent provider of tertiary education, delivering accredited courses in psychology, social work, counselling, coaching, criminology, law, and business management and leadership (MBA).
As Associate Professor, you’ll demonstrate a commitment to high-quality teaching and learning and embark on an exciting journey filled with opportunities for growth and innovation, working closely with the Chair in overseeing and leading the counselling discipline at a national level.
Get ready to inspire and shape the minds of future professionals while enjoying a range of fulfilling responsibilities:
- Ignite intellectual curiosity through independent teaching in tutorials, workshops, placement units, and clinical sessions. You’ll have the freedom to explore innovative teaching methodologies and engage students in immersive learning experiences.
- Take the lead with the Discipline Chair to coordinate courses and units, utilising your expertise to shape comprehensive and cutting-edge curricula. This is your chance to design transformative educational at a programmatic-level that resonate with students and prepare them for success in their chosen fields.
- Undertake a pivotal position in advancing academic programs and providing guidance to the discipline, to establish and maintain program governance structures and policies, and ensuring compliance with governance and accreditation standards while staying updated on changes and developments in accreditation standards.
- Foster a culture of excellence and collaboration as you guide a passionate and highly motivated academic teaching team. Your leadership skills will empower fellow educators, fostering an environment where creativity and teamwork thrive.
- Make a difference in the academic journey of honours and postgraduate students through your dedicated supervision and mentorship. Witness their growth and development as they embark on their own paths to success.
- Play an active role in shaping the future of the discipline through your valuable participation in committees. Your insights and contributions will be instrumental in shaping policies and initiatives that drive positive change.
- Support and mentor students as they navigate their learning pathways and develop their professional identities. Your guidance will empower them to reach their full potential and thrive in their chosen careers.
If you are seeking an enriching and fulfilling role that combines teaching excellence, leadership opportunities, and your passion chance to make a significant impact at a national level, then this position is made for you. Come and join our vibrant academic community and be part of a transformative educational journey.
Apply now to embark on an exciting adventure that will shape the future of education!
- Postgraduate qualifications, a PhD or equivalent in a relevant discipline, demonstrating expertise and specialisation in the field.
- A proven track record of excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship that meets the criteria for appointment as an Associate Professor.
- Extensive experience in course governance and accreditation, showcasing a comprehensive understanding of self-accreditation processes, standards, and best practices within a higher education institute.
- Proficiency in curriculum development and authentic assessment, with the ability to design and implement effective educational programs to show evidence of an active role in the maintenance of academic standards with alignment to educational policies and professional requirements.
- Eligibility for membership in professional counselling organisations such as PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia) or ACA (Australian Counselling Association).
- In line with the level of appointment, strong leadership skills, including experience in managing staff and leading teams in an effective and collaborative manner.
- A deep passion for teaching and the development of future counselling and counselling academics.
- Commitment to advancing your career in the field of counselling and academic leadership and supervise graduate research students.
Some benefits and perks of working with ACAP include:
- Genuine flexibility with hybrid working arrangements
- Health & well-being packages including free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, travel, hotels, and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Up to 75% off study scholarships on all our courses
- 2 paid volunteer days per year for your passionate causes
Diversity and inclusion:
ACAP promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace delivers a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students, and clients. We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
- Submit your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your interest.
- No more than a two-page summary addressing your suitability against the selection criteria.
Like to find out more? We’d love to hear from you!
Contact Gina Saliba, Assistant Dean +61 2 9964 6434 for a confidential discussion.
Please note applicants are assessed upon receipt so you are encouraged to apply now and require full working rights in Australia. Successful candidates may need to undergo criminal records and working with children check.