Who We Are?
CareSouth is a local, community based organisation with a dynamic and bold vision to make a difference ‘every day’. Working across locations in NSW and ACT, we seek to inspire each other and the communities in which we operate. Our purpose is to influence and support the safety, development and empowerment of children, young people, adults and communities.
About the Role
CareSouth have an exciting opportunity for a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join the CareSouth Clinical team based in our Illawarra Office on a full time, Fixed Term basis to cover a period of parental leave.
This role operates as a key part of our multidisciplinary clinical services team providing a range of specialised services, assessment and interventions to families, children, young people and adults with a range of disabilities and therapeutic needs. The role is not discipline specific and would suit an individual with a tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology.
As a Behaviour Support Practitioner, you will be responsible for:
- Working with children, young people and their families to support participation in their daily activities from a trauma informed perspective.
- Working with a diverse population group including children and adults with a disability.
- Conducting assessments and developing interventions aimed at building skills in all aspects of daily living skills, leisure, and participation in education.
- Participating in carer development activities such as clinical supervision, training and other professional development opportunities.
- Provide training and support on CareSouth trauma informed care model
Refer to the job description provided for a detailed overview of the role.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Nursing or other relevant clinical field and current or eligible registration. (Provisional registration accepted).
- Current registration with AHPRA where required or eligibility for registration with the relevant state body.
- Experience working with trauma informed models, mental health, disabilities, child protection and similar relevant service sectors
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Eligible to provide services under NDIS
The great things we have to offer
CareSouth staff are the reason our organisation is great. We lead with our values, always, and are constantly striving to be an organisation you are proud to work for. We warmly welcome everyone, irrespective of their culture, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, or gender identity, and believe that a diverse workforce is the reason we can deliver such a high standard of care.
We appreciate work is a major part of all our lives, so we aim to ensure you enjoy your time working with us. In addition to your salary, CareSouth offers:
- A compassionate, supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to be bold, big-hearted and determined
- Salary packaging entitlements, General Living Expenses up to $15,899 and Entertainment Benefits up to $2,650
- Internal and external clinical supervision
- Flexible working arrangements including sliding hours, rostered days off and working from home options
- Concessional leave over the Christmas period
- 24/7 After Hours Service
- Free, confidential, and independent Employee Assistance Program (including free access to physical, mental, financial online supports)
- Training budget to tailor your professional development pathway
- 24/7 access to our online eLearning system.
To Apply: Please review the attached Position Description for a comprehensive overview of the role. Your application must include a copy of your updated resume and a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing the essential criteria in the position description.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply. Only applicants who are invited to an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: Positions are subject to a Working with Children/Vulnerable People clearance and satisfactory National Police Check