ABOUT ABILITY TO ACHIEVE
Ability to Achieve (A2A) is a registered NDIS provider, offering a suite of disability and allied
health services to clients across NSW, QLD and the ACT. A2A supports people of all ages,
with the goal of delivering tailored intervention tools and strategies that strive to make a
At A2A, we provide REGISTERED NURSING, POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT, COUNSELLING, ACCOMODATION, MENTAL HEALTH and DISABILITY SUPPORT. Our mission is to create a supportive environment that empowers our clients to lead healthy, fulfilling lives, through the provision of exceptional service and care. Our vision is to be a leading NDIS care provider that is both compassionate and comprehensive.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
We are looking for a Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our growing team, to work with us on a part-time basis. We are seeking someone whose knowledge and expertise stems from a passion of providing person-centred, evidence-based assessment and intervention for NDIS clients. While this is initially a part-time role, there is scope to move to full-time in
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking new and experienced Behaviour Support Practitioners (BSPs) to fulfil the following roles and responsibilities.
● Building rapport with and providing Behaviour Support training and education to clients, their support networks, and key stakeholders.
● Conducting and analysing Functional Behaviour Assessments (FBA).
● Collecting, analysing, and evaluating data from behaviour logs and incident reports, to monitor participant progress.
● Developing and supporting the implementation of Behaviour Support plans in the home and the community.
● Engaging in regular 1:1 Behaviour Support sessions with clients.
● Reviewing and reducing (through Fade Out Strategies) Regulated Restrictive Practices (RPs) in accordance with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission guidelines.
Our BSP team is equipped with the tools, skills, and experience to help you gain Core registration (including proficiency and beyond!) as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS. Although previous experience in allied health or support work, and/or qualifications in a relevant field are desirable, we invite applicants who do and do not have previous experience as a Behaviour Support Practitioner to apply!
● A tertiary qualification in Counselling, Psychology, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Education, Applied Behaviour Analysis and/or Social Sciences.
● NDIS Registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner (or the ability to become registered).
● A National Police Clearance, Working with Children/Working with Vulnerable People Check & NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or the ability to attain).
● Experience working with individuals with a range of diagnoses, including but not limited to intellectual disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and
● A car and unrestricted driver’s licence.
WHY JOIN ABILITY TO ACHIEVE?
● Inclusive and welcoming workplace culture!
● Opportunities to work closely with our team from our brand-new clinic!
● Professional support to help you take your career in the direction you want!
HOW TO APPLY
There are many more reasons to join us at Ability to Achieve, which we’d like to introduce you to when you meet our team in-person at our new clinic, located in Mortdale (2223). If what you’ve read resonates with your career goals, we look forward to connecting with you.