At Autism Queensland, you’ll work with people who are generous, caring, compassionate, and resilient. A team that never stops learning or striving to make tomorrow even better than today. With us, you’ll be supported by leaders who understand and care about your journey in our organisation, in our community and beyond. You’ll contribute to positive change in the autism community – every single day.
“Building an organisation with managers who haven’t lost touch with what the purpose is makes us all work towards common goals in various parts of the business. It just feels good. It’s a positive place to be.”
What does it look like to be a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner with us? As a vital resource our Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners (PBSP’s) have a crucial role in the lives of our clients and their families. Our team are passionate about providing individualised behaviour support strategies through;
- Conducting Functional Behavioural Assessments and developing, implementing, monitor and reviewing Positive Behaviour Support plans in accordance with Restrictive Practices legislation and guidelines.
- Working collaboratively to conduct and develop Functional Behavioural Assessments for complex cases as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working collaboratively to support the development of Positive Behaviour Support systems and culture across Autism Queensland.
- Supporting the implementation of Behaviour Support plans for autistic children and adults, including the provision of training and coaching where appropriate.
- Utilising a range of assessments and evidence-based interventions that are responsive to the unique needs of clients and to inform problem solving to address individual needs.
- Participating in relevant community and professional networks.
While our top priority is finding people who share our genuine passion in supporting our clients, here are a few things the right person will be equipped with:
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Education – or other relevant qualification.
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with the relevant Professional Board in Queensland.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and evidence-based practice regarding the delivery of positive behaviour support within diverse environments, including home, school and community.
- Effective verbal and written communication with clients, parents, professionals and other stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain work quality and performance during tight schedules.
From flexible working options and wellness programs to professional development and referral incentives, we encourage our staff to strive for a better balance.
- Access up to $18,000 in Not-For-Profit salary packaging.
- Look after your health through discounts to eligible Medibank private health insurance options, with singles through to family coverage options available.
- Exceptional professional development opportunities to support your career growth.
- Prioritise wellbeing through a discounted Fitness Passport with access to various fitness and aquatic centres all around the country – for you AND your immediate family!
- Be part of an organisation with a practice excellence team dedicated to providing our people with clinical supervision and mentoring.
- You’ll have access to the latest research through our own research and development team.
- Gain meaningful experience through empowering autistic people, their families, carers, and the wider community.
APPLY NOW or connect with us at [email protected] for more information – we’d love to chat with you about our opportunities and your interests.