My Voice Pty Ltd is a registered business providing services to people with disability and their families across NSW, QLD, and the NT. Our work is constantly informed by the lived experience of people with disability, their family and support staff. We have a strong commitment to quality and achieving meaningful outcomes in people’s lives as they determine it.
If you are passionate about working in the disability sector, providing services to NDIS participants, and working alongside a multi-disciplinary team, then My Voice is the organisation for you!
About The Role:
My Voice Pty Ltd is a growing, forward thinking, innovative, boutique disability service with an agile multi-disciplinary workforce. We strive to provide people with a disability true flexibility and choice in service delivery through innovative, inclusive and practice lead solutions.
My Voice has set ambitious goals to create an integrated approach across a range of services including therapy services, Specialist behaviour support, Specialist Support Coordination, support coordination and core supports.
Behaviour Support Practitioners play an important role in assisting people with special behavioural or emotional needs. Within this role, the candidate will use skills and expertise to help participants perform new behavioural treatment strategies to improve their wellbeing.
The Specialist will be based in Darwin and will be working with our participants in Alice Springs and other areas around the Central Desert.
- Utilise a strengths-based, participant focused framework with participants, families and partners.
- Employ the principles of evidence-based practice and understand framework on restrictive practices.
- Work collaboratively as a member of multi-disciplinary /transdisciplinary teams
- Work with participants to develop individualised Behaviour Support Plan through function-based assessments and train staff to implement strategies effectively under the direct supervision of a Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner.
- Assess Restrictive Practices and develop strategies to reduce or eliminate the need to use them under the direct supervision of a Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner.
- Meet requirements for core level practitioner and complete the NDIS Behaviour Support Self-Assessment Capability Framework.
- Lodge interim and Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans through the NDIS Commission Safeguards Portal. Behaviour Support plans will be directly overseen by your supervisor.
- Oversee the development and evaluate the quality of behaviour support plans.
- Lead evidence informed practice and complete research projects to improve practice across the services.
- Undergoes relevant assessments as deemed necessary by the Executive Manager Clinical Governance and Speech Pathologist such as the Self-assessment resource guide Version 1, July 2020.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and systems to safeguard participants such as case notes.
- Tertiary qualifications in allied health professions such as Psychology, Disability and Developmental Education, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, BCBA or other health profession with a professional registration requirement in the relevant profession.
- Current Registration with the NDIS Commission as a Behavior Support Practitioner.
- Current driver’s licence
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the reporting requirements of relevant legislation in relation to restrictive practices (jurisdiction dependent).
Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
- Work from home/remotely and flexible hour.
- Regular supervision from an experienced speech therapist
- Professional development and learning opportunities.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team.