- Permanent full-time opportunity based in Orange, Bathurst or Dubbo as part of our Clinical Services Team. Play a key role in supporting people living with a disability to reduce behaviours of concern and lead their best lives!
- Opportunity to inspire possibility and empower our customers whilst being part of one of the fastest growing and most in demand industries in Australia.
- Some of the perks of working at LiveBetter? Rewards, recognition and wellbeing initiatives + career pathways and supported learning & development opportunities.
- We are for people, not for profit. Working with LiveBetter will also provide you access to fitness passport and salary packaging options (increase your take home pay)!
LiveBetter Employee Benefits include
- Supplementary Parental Leave
- Additional Purchase Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Fitness Passport
- Service & Recognition Awards
- Continuous Learning and Development, with diverse career pathway opportunities
(Eligibility criteria/terms and conditions may apply for some LiveBetter Employee Benefits)
About the Team
The Behaviour Support Practitioner is part of the Clinical Services Team. The Clinical Services team is led by the Head of Clinical Services and encompasses clinical safeguarding as well as behaviour support and clinical nursing services. The behaviour support services within the team are managed by the Senior Psychologist.
About the Role
The Behaviour Support Practitioner will play a key role in the effective design, delivery and monitoring of behaviour support services for internal and external customers with NDIS funding for behaviour support and social skills development.
Some key responsibilities of the Behaviour Support Practitioner position will include:
- Undertake functional and adaptive behaviour assessments covering all the factors, including environment, social, communication, developmental, trauma, medical and/or psychological aspects that may be contributing to the behaviours of concern with an emphasis on improving quality of life
- Utilise assessment tools to enable the description, conceptualisation, and prediction of relevant aspects of an individual’s functioning and behaviour.
- Develop Interim and Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plans that meet the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission requirements for the use of Restrictive Practices and support their implementation.
- Work closely with staff, family and carers to support customers manage their behaviours of concern, work towards achieving their goals and lead fulfilling lives.
- Consider the individual’s current diagnoses and how they impact on their presentation and behaviour. This may include working closely with psychiatrists, paediatricians, GPs, psychologists, occupational therapists, speech and language therapists, and physiotherapists to co-design holistic interventions for the individual.
We are looking for candidates who have relevant qualifications, experience, and a passion for improving the lives of people living with a disability. It would be suitable for candidates with previous experience as a Behaviour Support Practitioner and those who are interested in taking on a new challenge.
If you are eligible for registration or already registered as a Provisional Psychologist and looking to work towards registration via the 5+1 pathway, we will support you with:
- Regular clinical supervision with an internal Board-approved supervisor
- Guidance and support with completing the requirements of the pathway
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day-to-day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist aged, frail and disabled persons in your community.
To convince us that you are the best person for the job, please tell us how you meet the following selection criteria.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, such as Bachelor of Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Nursing, or other allied health (such as Developmental Educator, Social or Health Science degree)
- Highly developed knowledge of the issues, trends and philosophies underpinning the provision of services to people with a disability across the lifespan such as person-centred approaches and quality of life
- An ability to relate to and positively influence the skills of a range of support staff such as Disability Support Workers, Residential Support Workers, Teachers and Teaching Staff, and Assistants in Nursing.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders as a member of a trans-disciplinary team
- Registration with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission as a Specialist Behaviour Support Practitioner.
- Registration with a relevant governing body such as AHPRA or AASW.
- Proven ability to develop and implement positive behaviour support strategies for customers (including children, young people with a trauma background and adults with intellectual disability) with complex and challenging behaviours of concern.
You will also be required to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening clearance, NSW Working with Children Check, pass a National Criminal Check and pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol screening).
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- A cover letter that addresses each of the above-mentioned selection criteria; AND
- An up-to-date copy of your resume
Applications that do not provide a resume and a cover letter that addresses the required selection criteria may not be considered during shortlisting
Closing date: 11:59pm, Thursday 14th September 2023
Enquiries: Jennifer Butler – Acting Team Leader: 0448 863 503
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment campaign to potentially fill future vacancies with similar capability requirements.
LiveBetter is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
To ensure that reasonable preventative measures are taken to facilitate the health and safety of our staff, customers and the communities within which we operate, LiveBetter requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and maintain up to date vaccination.
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset and offer:
- Investment in staff training & development with opportunities for diverse career paths
- A flexible & family friendly workplace
- The opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
For further info about us and to see for yourself the great things that we do, you can visit: