Brightside Recruitment has partnered with a specialist child & family service provider with a team of innovative, highly experienced and passionate Health Professionals that are dedicated to helping children, young people and families achieve goals and gain a sense of control and independence in their lives.
Behaviour Support focuses on family centred interventions to address the underlying causes of behaviours of concern and challenging behaviours. It provides practical intervention for children who have behaviours of concern.
Support is provided mainly through the development, implementation and review of a positive Behaviour Support plan. This plan can be applied in a variety of settings by people who support and care for the child on a day to day basis.
Daily tasks will include;
- Provide high quality assessments, intervention, and written reports.
- Support children and families.
- Develop high quality behaviour support plans, including short and long term goals, in line with the child and families goals.
- Implementation of the plan by people involved in the day to day life of the child. This may include family members, the school community and other professionals.
- A recognised degree in Counselling and/or Psychology
- Current registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner at Proficient level (or higher)
- Ability to conduct comprehensive behaviour assessments.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate behaviour support plans.
- Knowledge of the Positive Behaviour Support Capability framework and understanding of restrictive practice regulations.
- A commitment to a family-centred approach.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Being flexible, adaptable and willingness to support participants.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office and computer literacy skills.
- Current Driver’s License and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle required.
- Starting salary of $100k-$110k (depending on experience) plus Super plus Salary Packaging Benefits
- Current Working with Children Check, and NDIS Worker Screen Check.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- This role is immediately available.
- Full time hours, Monday to Friday.