Are you looking for a company that will nurture your professional development?
Would you like to be part of a fun, vibrant and welcoming team?
Come and join The Works Practice at The Junction Works!
What is The Works Practice?
The Works Practice provides Allied Health and NDIS support coordination services to children, young people, and adults living with a disability. We strive to deliver a great customer experience and positive impact by enabling our clinicians to have a comfortable caseload of 5 billable hours per day out of a 7 ½ hour work day. This provides our clinicians with opportunity to focus on participant planning, formulation, reflection, and participation in other professional development opportunities.
We are currently looking for someone who has experience or passion working with participants with a diagnosed disability. Someone who also prides themselves on providing evidence-based and ethical interventions, in line with the quality standards set out by the NDIS quality and safeguarding commission.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience (negotiable)
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 per year
- $6,000 for travel allowance
- A great team culture– Regular team building activities organised by our social committee
- A not-for-profit organisation focusing on creating new possibilities in people’s lives
- Celebrating client wins and success stories
- Flexible work arrangements:
- Flexible working hours – Part-time or full-time
- Offices within Austral, Busby and Seven Hills
- Potential for remote working/ work from home
What can you expect when you work with us?
- Supervision, mentoring, and ongoing support:
- Up to $3,000 of professional development training
- Monthly team meetings
- Individual supervision and mentoring– from Senior team members based on individual circumstances, along with support from other allied health professions, including but not limited to occupational therapy and speech pathology
- Monthly allied health team meetings, including the four disciplines of occupational therapy, speech pathology, behaviour support, and psychology
- Career progression by taking on additional responsibilities and establishing specialty areas
- Supportive induction process to meet the team and build your caseload across your first two months
- Training in Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and support to become registered as a Behaviour Support Practitioner
- Technology including a phone and laptop
- Admin support for new and returning participants including service agreement, schedule of supports, and consent form/s
Your day-to-day role will include…
Working with a broad range of participants with a diagnosed disability aged between 7 to 65 within our day programs and therapy centres, at their school and home, or on telehealth. Providing approximately 5 hours of direct or indirect clinical work. This may include assessing the person’s needs and designing interactive interventions, assisting the client in achieving their NDIS goals around skill development, sensory regulation and more
What do we need from you?
- Recognised degree in Psychology or similar field
- Experience working with people with a disability with complex needs, including dual diagnosis, incorporating specialised and complex intervention strategies; OR a desire and interest to work in the wonderful world of disability
- Valid driver’s licence, own transport, and willingness to travel using your personal car as required
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC), NDIS Worker Screening Check and completion of a mandatory NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
- You are great at building relationships with your colleagues, clients and their supports
- You have excellent time management and organisational; skills, and have a ability to manage your own caseload (or willingness to learn)
- A warm, flexible and gentle approach
Ready for the next step in your career? Join an organisation dedicated to ‘Creating possibilities in people’s lives’
Have a question? Reach out to our HR team at [email protected] for a confidential discussion.
Where do you begin?
Click the APPLY NOW button