Neurobloom is an Allied Health registered NDIS provider committed to offering the highest quality of support and investment to our team with amazing employee benefits!
We are looking for TWO passionate Behaviour Support Practitioners (Proficient Level) to join our team and truly make a difference in the lives of our participants and their support networks.
At Neurobloom we seek to provide a foundation of relational safety for our clients and their families. Safety that ensures deep connection and promotes a positive sense of identity and self-efficacy.
We aspire to strengthen relational bonds and improve co-regulatory experiences that foster neurodiverse affirming connections and deep-rooted belonging in education and community settings. We value client-led discovery that nurtures ways to access, enjoy and make meaning of life that enhances quality of living and upholds a sense of purpose.
In summary, our mission is to promote the growth of each client with the hope that each individual discovers wellbeing.
At Neurobloom we envision a world in which all people have access to experience unconditional care and participate through community.
We envision a therapeutic care community in which clinicians are guided equally by their minds as they are their hearts. While treating people with the dignity and respect that they deserve.
Often, people are labelled as deficient – we work to eliminate this narrative and encourage that all people are seen and valued for their unique abilities and beliefs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Neurobloom, no two days are the same, however a typical Proficient level Behaviour Support Practitioner’s day may involve –
. Full time ongoing contract at five days per week across Neurobloom’s Wollongong and Warilla based practices. Neurobloom’s therapeutic support extends interstate via telehealth services with regular travel to remote and very remote NSW supporting children, caregivers and education services.
· Supporting clients with a range of presenting needs including complex care, intellectual disabilities, diverse communication needs, mental health illness, developmental trauma histories and adaptive behaviours from maladaptive environments and relationships.
· Providing high quality care to clients in order to improve their health outcomes and psychosocial wellbeing. This is best captured through Neurobloom’s Allied Health Assistant and Behavioural Support Practitioner hybrid model of connected care.
· Undertaking a range of psychometric and comprehensive functional behaviour assessments (endorsed by clinical supervisor) that support a multidisciplinary diagnostic approach.
· Assisting people in the understanding and adjustments of attitudes, expectations and behaviour through trauma informed and neurodiverse affirming practices.
. Providing behavioural support, and therapeutic application such as social and emotional skill development, and familial capacity building. This extends to other primary networks such as client care teams, and educational settings.
· Developing and reviewing individualised, client-centered behaviour support plans with recommendations that reduce if not eliminate forms of restrictive practice. This support is echoed through Neurobloom’s hybrid Allied Health Assistant and Behaviour Support Practitioner connected care model which implements regular therapeutic sessions using modalities such as Theraplay practice principles, ACT, DBT, Lego Therapy, DDP, and Narrative Therapy.
· Training and supporting care team colleagues, NDIS providers, Educators and Families to implement behaviour support plans in a respectful and connected way that upholds the autonomy and wellbeing of any individual being supported.
· Understanding of restricted practices and the role of the Quality and Safeguards Commission. Including but not limited to holding insights regarding potential harms associated with the administration of restricted practices against people with disability.
. Providing clinical supervision to New Entry Level Behaviour Support Practitioners.
· A strong interest in the area of developmental trauma, and Behaviour Support therapy (Proficient level practitioner)
· Understanding of and sound exposure to the creation of BIS Plans and PBS report writing, NDIS progress reporting, Functional Behaviour Analysis,
· You have undergraduate qualifications in Allied Health, Social Work, Psychology or Social Science
· Registration with corresponding peak body – AASW, AHPRA
· You have experience supporting people with disability and their primary care networks, with a strong knowledge of developmental and intergenerational trauma that can stem from systemic abuse, oppressive and isolating treatment to people with disability
. Knowledge of the NSW Out of Home Care (OoHC) system and its governing bodies such as The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ), and The Office of the Childrens Guardian (OCG). Neurobloom works closely in support of caregivers and children in OoHC while passionately bridging gaps between DCJ Restrictive Practice Authorisation (RPA) and NDIS Restrictive Practice Endorsement (RPE) due to dissimilarities across the two regulating bodies legislation. It is crucial that children and young people accessing care and support through DCJ are assisted appropriately and in a timely manner as they transition into young adulthood and into NDIS care services and systems.
· A clinical supervisor, who will meet with you fortnightly to discuss case formulations, clinical case reviews, application of modalities and conduct joint client risk needs
· A comfortable office environment with a structured career pathway
· Realistic targets and expectations with performance incentives for going above and beyond – Including a rewards scheme that can be annually redeemed for financial benefit, leave and/or experiences
· Commitment to your development via financially supported professional development through an annual PD budget to attend external events, and complete additional training.
· Flexible working hours with a hybrid work from home / office-based option available
· Professional Indemnity Insurance covered by Neurobloom
· KM reimbursement is provided (candidate must have driver’s license and registered and insured vehicle to attend community-based service support)
HOW TO APPLY
Do not miss out on this opportunity, click ‘Apply Now’. Any questions, please email [email protected]. We encourage you to visit our website and follow us on social media where you can find out more.
- Website: www.neurobloom.com.au
- Instagram: @neuro__bloom
All qualified applications will receive consideration of employment without prejudice to religion, race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability.