Yeshivah – Beth Rivkah Colleges is an Independent School based in St Kilda East in Melbourne, and is comprised of two Primary and two Secondary Schools, an Early Learning Centre and a Creche.
We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education to all Jewish children in a welcoming and safe environment, enabling them to achieve personal excellence and fulfilment.
Our Boys’ Primary School is seeking an excellent Behaviour Support Therapist to join our team, full time, commencing in Term 4 2023.
To identify and manage behaviours that originate in the classroom and respond with educational support for teachers and students, as part of the wider well being team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support students with behaviour in lessons and around the school
- Conduct classroom observations and collect of data for an agreed period of time
- Develop behaviour plans in collaboration with the classroom teacher
- Support staff in dealing with challenging behaviour
- Establish positive working relationships with vulnerable students and their families in order to support their needs within school.
- Undertake mentoring, restorative meetings and conflict resolution as required.
- Support staff in improving behaviour, attendance and progress by working with designated groups and individuals as required.
- Support and assist the wider wellbeing team as directed and as required
- Follow up safeguarding issues in line with school policies and procedures.
- Establish working routines and maintain records/logs of casework and provide staff with requested information as required.
- Attend meetings within school and externally as required.
- Liaise with parents as required
- To undertake the necessary training/development required in order to keep up to date with developments as identified through performance management.
- Previous experience of working with students/staff in a school setting
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities:
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to form positive relationships with students, staff and parents/carers
- Possessing skills to communicate with challenging families
- Possessing competent ICT skills
- An attention to detail
- High level of personal drive and energy
- Receptive to new ideas and change
Education and Qualifications:
- Background in behaviour analysis and support
- Educational Background
We can offer you;
- Professional development
- Flexibility and work life balance
- A community school where all are dedicated and passionate about achieving outcomes for all of our students
- Additional paid public holidays
For a detailed Position Description or to make any enquiries about this opportunity, please email [email protected].
Please apply via Seek, and include a Cover Letter addressing your suitability for the role and your current CV.
Yeshivah – Beth Rivkah Colleges is an accredited Child Safe Organisation with the Australian Childhood Foundation and committed to Child Safety. Successful candidates will require a current Working With Children Check and to complete Child Safety Training prior to commencement.