Cross Care is a Health Provider specialising in NDIS Health, Medicare, WorkCover and Aged Care. We provide Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Hydrotherapy as well as NDIS Home Modification. We provide in-clinic service mobile Home Visits as well as TeleHealth service. Having over 20 therapists and 4 in-clinic locations. We really have Sydney Wide covered.
The Role :
We are seeking a passionate, professional and talented Behaviour Support Practitioner to join our team. The job would entail providing services to our clients in our clinic & remotely, in the community and home environment. Additionally, they would support the development of our growing team of Behaviour Therapists. This role is available for full time & part time.You will need availability for after school therapy sessions. We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements which will suit your lifestyle.
Key responsibilities include :
• Provide person centered behaviour support to a complex caseload.
• Deliver person centered behaviour support training as required.• Visiting NDIS clients & assisting NDIS participants, as well as private clients.
• Network and build relationships with the local community as appropriate.
• Work within a capacity building model with various other consumers, stakeholders and customers.
• Minimum 6 Months experience working with a diverse range of people with a disability including those with complex needs.
• Minimum 6 Months working in a role that included behavior support responsibilities.
• Experience working with customers, staff and families utilizing a positive behavior support approach.
• Experience working within a person centered approach.
• A passion for a capacity building approach and customer rights.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse caseload in an efficient and effective manner.
• Eligibility to work as an NDIS commission approved practitioner.
• Experience working with people with a disability who may have a range of complex and challenging behaviors.
• Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Nursing, Social work or Health Sciences and/or Completed or currently completing Positive Approach to Behaviour Support Core Standard including appraisal process (FACS); or CHCDIS006 – and experience in the disability and/or community sector. Current understanding of NDIS positive behaviour support capability framework and ability to apply for core practitioner status.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills including the ability to develop interim and comprehensive behavior support plans.
• Working with children check (or willing to obtain)
• Criminal history checks (or willing to obtain)
• Current valid driver’s license
• NDIS Worker Screen (or willing to obtain one is essential)
• Fully unrestricted Australian working rights
Must be Behavior Support Practitioner with an NDIS Number to APPLY
What we offer :
- Salary Package : A generous remuneration package with additional incentives
- Benefits: Gym, equipment & resources available in-house
- Career growth: Career pathways with a promote from within culture
- Work life : Flexible work arrangements
- Salary: Competitive remuneration
- Supervision: Internal & external supervision
- Culture: Friendly and close-knit team environment
- Training : Induction and training processes & $1500 CPD Allowance yearly
- ✅Join a multi-award-winning Super Clinic alongside a Multidisciplinary team!
Cross care is a values-based organisation that strives to foster a workplace culture based on our core values.
Innovative because we develop new ideas and solutions with creativity in anticipation of changing needs.
Respectful because we believe that everyone’s voice is unique and that they have the right to be heard.
Brave because we have the courage to stand up for people with all abilities even in the face of adversity.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take a positive step in your careers, apply online today or contact us directly on (02) 8074 1888 for a confidential chat.
check out www.crosscarendis.com.au