Position Classification: Mental Health Professionals
Remuneration: Dependent on Qualifications
Hours Per Week: 32 (Job Share may be considered for part time hours)
Requisition ID: REQ429922
Where you’ll be working
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is responsible for providing primary and secondary health care for people living in the Auburn, Blacktown, and The Hills Shire, Holroyd and Parramatta Local Government Areas (LGAs) and tertiary care to residents of the Greater Western Region. We are committed to our vision of ‘better health services for the people of western Sydney and beyond’ and to the delivery of health care or related services in line with our core values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
What you’ll be doing
The GambleAware Multicultural Service is a state-wide specialist service that works with GambleAware Providers to deliver culturally responsive services for individuals, families and communities from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities. The service also provides culturally responsive gambling counselling services in multiple languages.
The position provides over the phone cultural consultation to GambleAware Providers in a clinical setting and actively supports the development of relationships between GambleAware Providers and culturally relevant community organizations and ethnic community agencies in their regions. The role sits within a multidisciplinary team, providing intake, assessment, counselling, psychoeducation and further referral to support people from CALD backgrounds relating to issues arising from problem levels of gambling and concurrent mental health issues.
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: A person who is not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident is only eligible for temporary employment for a period not longer than the duration of their current visa or a period not shorter than the duration of the advertised position.
Qualification: Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Counselling or Psychology
Registration: Membership with relevant with professional body / Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as appropriate
- Tertiary qualifications in social work or psychology and current registration with the relevant professional body
- Demonstrated skills and experience in mental health assessment, crisis intervention and counselling in the area of addictions
- Experience in working in a counselling setting in another language than English and with interpreters and sensitivity to the needs of people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Knowledge of a wide range of networks and services to assist individuals and families with health and welfare concerns.
- Experience in community engagement including developing and delivering presentations in English and another language
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive computer skills
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Maria-Lujza Ghyczy on 02/98403898 or e-mail [email protected]
Applications Close: 5th October 2023