- Based in Shepparton
- Permanent Full Time
- 80 hours per fortnight (including monthly ADO)
- Relocating? We have a Mental Health Workforce Navigator available to help assist you in your move to Greater Shepparton
- Up to $20,000 incentive payment applies for eligible successful candidates
- Be reimbursed, for rent, childcare, school fees, relocation costs and more
- Enjoy the charm of a relaxed country lifestyle, just an easy 2-hour commute to Melbourne, Victoria
- Easy living with amenities to suit all lifestyles, in a diverse and vibrant culture – Greater Shepparton has it all.
The Victorian Government has allocated funds to support rural and regional Area Menta Health Services (AMHS) to provide incentives to attract workers to roles that are difficult to fill.
The regional mental health workforce incentive grants will support the attraction, recruitment, and retention of new workers to priority positions across state funded mental health services in rural and regional Victoria. This role has been identified as being eligible for an incentive payment of up to $20,000. *Eligibility criteria applies in order to be successful for this financial incentive, contact [email protected] for any questions
The new workforce relocation and incentive grants program is being administered by Rural Agency Workforce Victoria (RWAV).
More information including job vacancies and eligibility requirements click here https://www.rwav.com.au/area-mental-health-services/
GV Health is the main healthcare provider in the Goulburn Valley region, servicing a broad catchment area of approximately 120,000 people. We are the largest permanent employer in the region with over 2,600 employees spread across our five main sites.
Our skilled and committed team of Mental Health professionals provide an innovative range of services for individuals suffering from, or at risk of, serious mental health problems requiring short and long-term treatment and support. Our comprehensive service is offered across the municipalities of Mitchell, Murrindindi, Strathbogie, Greater Shepparton and Moira regions.
Our multidisciplinary professionals are from an array of backgrounds and disciplines and work across a range of settings and services including:
Adult mental health
Community mental health
Acute Adult Inpatient Unit – Wanyarra
Aged Persons mental health
Child and Youth mental health
For further information please visit: http://www.gvhealth.org.au/services/mental-health/
Great things happen here! Follow the link to find out what its like to live, work and play in our wonderful region: Greater Shepparton: Great Things Happen Here
Workforce Navigator Program: We offer 1:1 relocation consultant support for new employees to assist with finding housing, childcare/education (if applicable), partner employment (if applicable), social groups & integration into our community to assist in the transition to Shepparton, regional Victoria.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of an early intervention program conducted in primary school settings. The focus of the program is to identify and work with children at risk of developing serious behavioural problems including Conduct Disorder. You will also be responsible for enhancing education and support staff’s knowledge and skills in responding to these children and their families.
We are looking for
Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Nursing or Occupational Therapy along with current registration with AHPRA.
At least 5 years experience working with children with mental health problems
A good understanding of the Education system
Experience in developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
Our offer to you:
- FREE Workforce Navigator Program to personally welcome and connect you to our wonderful community
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Flexible work practices and options to purchase additional leave to support work/life balance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development and study leave to help reach your learning and career goals
- A confidential employee assistance program (EAP) for you and your loved ones
- Social club membership offering a range of events, functions and local community discount
- Our CREATE Outstanding monthly, bi-monthly and annual reward and recognition programme
How to apply
Click apply now and follow the prompts online to complete your application.
Three (3) COVID-19 vaccination doses are a mandatory requirement for this role and seasonal Influenza vaccination (where mandated).
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory police check and Victorian ‘Employee’ Working with Children’s Check. Completion of a Commonwealth of Australia Statutory Declaration is required prior to commencement. All GV Health job applications must be loaded directly onto the e-recruit system, with no requirement to post hard copies of original passports/visas for overseas candidates.
GV Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
Recruitment agencies should note that GV Health does not accept agency resumes. GV Health is not responsible for any fees related to any unsolicited resumes submitted by Recruitment Agencies.