Employment Type: Temporary Full Time (up to October 2024)
Position Classification: Health Clinician Level 3
Remuneration: Dependent on Qualifications
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ428762
This recruitment may be used to fill future positions via an eligibility list for permanent, full time, part time, temporary and casual positions.
Central Coast Local Health District is committed to innovative, quality health care to support our local community through our Caring for the Coast Strategy. We have developed opportunities for a Health Clinician Level 3 to work collaboratively with clinicians in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) located in the Gateway Centre at Gosford.
What we Offer
- Work for the largest employer on the Central Coast
- Full-time employees receive an Additional Day Off (ADO) through our ADO policy.
- Full Salary Packaging services are provided – which means you save more tax.
- Discounted Fitness Passport to balance your wellbeing.
- Professional Development through access to experienced and quality leadership.
- Social Club.
- Access to Wellbeing programs and support through our Employee Assistance Program.
- You have a current unrestricted NSW Drivers Licence and a valid Working with Children Check or happy to obtain one.
- You will need to hold a Minimum Tertiary Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Occupational Therapy with AHPRA registration or Social Work with AASW membership or Counselling or Community Welfare.
- You have postgraduate experience working within a Child and Adolescent Mental Health service or Mental Health Service.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of working within a crisis intervention model of care.
- You enjoy working independently and as part of a team and have a focus on developing key relationships in a multi-disciplinary team.
What you’ll be doing
- The service provides assertive outreach and intensive case management, specifically aimed at engaging young people aged 5 – 18 years experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems/disorders.
- To provide professional clinical services to young people and their families.
- To provide evidence based individual therapy with a recovery focus.
- To ensure families and carers have input into assessments, care plans and reviews where appropriate.
- To liaise with relevant agencies and actively participate in case conferences and team meetings concerning the care of young people and support families.
- To consult with team members and staff from other agencies regarding the care and management of clients.
This position is graded for the following:
- Occupational Therapist Level 3
- Clinical Psychologist
- Senior Psychologist
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Grade 2
- Social Worker Level 3
- Welfare Officer Level 3
- Counsellor Level 3
- Clinical Midwife Specialist Grade 2
Stepping Up Website
The ‘Stepping Up’ online resource aims to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job applicants understand how to apply for roles within NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and onboarding process.
For more information, please visit: https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/Pages/Home.aspx
Please note that all NSW Health workers are now required to have received 3 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
Connect with us on LinkedIn to stay up to date with career opportunities
For role related queries or questions contact Catherine Merillo
Applications Close: Thursday 7 September 2023 at 11:59pm
You are encouraged to complete applications on a week day where Technical Support is available Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm by phoning ROB Help Desk on 1300 679 367.