ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are currently looking for an experienced Care Advisor to support and grow our home care services in the Cairns Region. Working closely with a supportive regional team, the position will be responsible for developing effective relationships to expand the home care services program in their local region as well as developing and maintaining a caseload of clients which will involve
– Conducting home consultations.
– Developing and maintaining goal directed care plans.
– Monitoring and reviewing client services and coordinating support services.
– Managing client expenditure.
If you are passionate about helping people in your community, have strong relationship building, time management and budget management skills, have previous case management experience as well as relevant qualifications and a current drivers licence then we want to hear from you!
Mercy Health Home Care Services provides community aged care and disability services to keep people happy, healthy and independent at home. Established in 2006, we are part of Mercy Health, a catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000 year tradition of caring for others, that is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide a range of healthcare services across Australia.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that people are searching for meaning in their work life and finding a workplace that connects with their values is a key motivation when choosing an employer. As a not-for-profit healthcare provider, Mercy Health has a strong mission and clear values that guide us in everything we do. We pride ourselves on:
- Caring for our people and those important to them with generous employee assistance available for employees and their families.
- Encouraging applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and supporting all staff to be their authentic selves at work through our network group for LGBTIQ+ staff and allies.
- Protecting children and vulnerable people in all our services, by listening to them and having zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
- Taking a stand against climate change, which is one of the biggest threats to the health of the world and all humanity, and committing to action that will help make our world fairer and more sustainable.
- Offering benefits such as generous salary packaging, purchased leave, career progression and development opportunities, access to health and wellbeing programs and a range of discounts across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Candidates are required to meet the position and qualification requirements.
- Provide a valid NDIS clearance check (Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation).
- Proof of vaccination status consistent with public health orders and with Mercy Health’s policy (includes but is not limited to COVID-19 and seasonal influenza vaccination compliance requirement).
Employment with Mercy Health is subject to satisfactory background checks which can include Police Record Check, Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
- Annette Berridge
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button.